Registered
4,088 Posts
number 3, 3 and 3 please :p

pascal

·
Registered
872 Posts
:lol:

Britten - fantastic. Seen that documentary about it/him? Built an amazing house too, cast his own doorhandles, drain grates, all sorts.
Yeh, one of the best programmes I've ever seen - mocking up the fairing with wire and a hot-glue gun - fuck wind-tunnels.... And girder forks on a race bike... :eek: (okay, they did fall off once... But he fixed them) Then casting his own engine parts in his back yard... It was a recipe for disaster, yet he took on and beat the entire might of the Japanese factory teams, it was like a real-life 'Boys own' story. A sad loss he died so young.

·
Mrs Javabob
80 Posts
Hubby watched the Brittens race once,still rates it as 1 of the best things he's seen.
I'll have the black Norton thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
It's got to be the Norton for me, just because it was awesome, 588cc rotary engine against 1000cc in line fours, brilliant. Race of Aces on youtube watch the Nortons blitz the jap bikes down the rivet straight at Snetterton.

Cheers,

Stu.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
watch the Nortons blitz the jap bikes down the revitt straight at Snetterton.
Steve Spray (no.20) did that to me in March 1990. I was on a practice day at Snetterton and was giggling to myself that i had just zapped another slower bike at twice its speed down the Revitt straight with only a foot or so between us when Spray came howling past me just as close... i nearly jumped off the bike!! I suspect that he had seen what i had done and thought he would have a bit of fun... git! :D

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Hammer-based simpleton
489 Posts
Cheers Baron:tup:

The S.Spray thing reminded me of a similar-ish story, this chap was doing his utmost on an Aermacchi, full beans on a fast bend. Then Percy Tait came past him on a Triumph, opposite lock, casually looking round at his back tyre which was smoking.... matey said he quit racing after that :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts