Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update..................................................................................

I am now only taking numbers of folks interested in the car. I have two, second interviews tomorrow and Thursday and MAY have some regular decent part-time work and better hours. If i DID get one of the jobs the car is staying with me. Not counting my chickens quite yet though. Fingers crossed.

.............................................................................................

Tried putting this off once already but after doing my sums tonight it has to go. Lost my job this week and can't see me doing the shows next year and can't afford to have the car sitting not being used properly. Was going to go the full hog on it and spend some savings but as i found out i can't even claim any benefits when i start a new course in jan, my only income will be a part time job. My caravan may also have to go.

Car has 7 months T&T on it and needs nothing as far as i am aware. It has been used all summer long and not missed a beat. Has a new very low mileage B20 (2lLtr) motor fitted as well as a new 4 speed box and clutch. All running gear fully serviced. It drives lovely, drives tight and brakes well for an old bus.
Exterior is spot on and 99% rust free. Paint does have microblisters on a few of the panels but doesn't really show to be fair. Very smart looking car. Bumpers are the only real let down and what i'd change. Needs very little to be an original car.
Interior is pretty much spot on with the rubbers mats the only thing showing their age. A carpet set is cheap enough and was planned for the summer. Everything works as it should and is a car i'd drive anywhere.Has had welding in the past however is solid as a rock.
Needs a new choke cable and ignition barrel.

This is not your usual tatty car, has been very well looked after with a file 2" thick that shows its history. I bought it from a Volvo enthusiast.

Price is £3k. No offers, i want a quick sale. I know what they sell for and this is a good price for a car of this quality. Price includes the visor and spots.

Car really needs to be seen. Please call 07791 589962 for a chat and i'll update with more pics tomorrow.

Trust me if i could keep it i would but i need money in the bank:(

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Hey Dan really sorry to see you've got to let this go gutted for you mate. Good luck with the sale I reckon it'll be snapped up pretty quick very nice car. I hope things work out for you in the near future
Charlie

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Car and van caught my eye at the Hot Rod Drags, looked great! If I'd realized it was you I'd have come over for a natter, good luck with the sale.
Mike.

·
fixin your car
935 Posts
I gutted for you,

iv had my fair share of amazons and having seen this car at the hayride and the HRD i would buy it myself but im not in the position too,
i hope you can keep the bits you have recentley got for this car and use them in the future
good luck with the sale and with finding another job soon.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Oh mate, we are gutted for you too. She's a tidy example and someone's going to have themselves a bargain - this is a cheap car.

We have fingers crossed that you find a new job before she finds a new owner!!!
Catch up soon dude

(sorry Si, know this is a for sale thread...)

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Good luck Dan, I know you had a "different" look in the pipeline for the motor, lets hope your plans are just delayed rather than shelved

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts