Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not exactly rods and customs,but american and different than the norm non the less.this happened on monday,the driver of the artic followed satnav instruction up a narrow lane and cut the corner badly,the trailer climbed the bank and the result can be seen.44 tonnes on its side.no room to work and only able to access from front and rear:wanker:
two of americas finest,peterbilt and kenworth,both with double overhead cam 16 litre cummins power, got hold of the artic and dealt with the problem.:cool:
all in a days work for these kiddies.one rated at 75 tonnes,the other at 70.:tup:
as i say,not exactly rodsnsods,but must surely tickle taste buds for most gearheads.i have only posted a few images,but it should tell enough of a story.i have got many more like this,and will slip the odd interesting one in the chat section from time to time,unless some one thinks it is a bit too much "off at a tangent".
anyway,have a look see.
mick

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
How can it be 44 tons when the lettering on the cab says MT? lol

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
big boys toys!...:smoke:

always had an eye for commercials. not quite that big though...:beuj:

couldnt send one down to pull my mrs away from the telly on a saturday night could you mate?..:D

keep on truckin postin fella....:D

Sid.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OOer! Whats that you have Mick? I've driven Kenworths and Petes too and I've seen plenty worse than that on the Interstates.
hows this for a shopping list mikeyboy-
3 peterbilt 379's
2 kenworth w900l's
1 kenworth w900a
1 western star
1 kenworth t800
1 freightliner fl70
1 international 4700
1 mack r686
1 autocar 6x6
2 foden
1 scania
1 volvo fh
all in the uk,doing there bit for queen and country!bet you dont know what the last 4 are anyway,do you dude:incheek:
im sure you see bad things on the intersate,we do on the motorways etc,but cant really post them.
anyway,its easy for you old boys over there,youve got a fantastic climate most of the time and youve deffo got lots lots more space.
that truck that tipped over on the post is in a lane so small you wouldnt believe it MIKEYBOY :lol:.
places like that dont exist in the states,you lucky devils.
i do agree,however,in what you say about wrecks on the interstate.trucks travel much faster over there than here.56 mph is the max speed in the uk,(unless your from sussex with a peterbilt!:cool:)
but on the other hand,you can only gross at 36t,where as we operate up to 44t.
i will find some more pics for you mike.hmm,california???????!!!!!!!
that will do for a new base:drool:
mick

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
got any pics of you nearly punching the driver for trying to f**k up your rotator mate:D
These are awesome trucks everyone. Makes the cars seem like little boys toys.
I've seen them..:tup:

·
Supercharged 461 cu in
1,407 Posts
ok i know its not american, but as its on a truck thread i thought id show you it.

this was a "LITTLE" piece of a famous arch that I drove into greenford a few years ago

And another slightly smaller section brought down from scunthorpe to wembley.

And finally ....this aint one of your is it mick?coming out of the europort at dartford

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes prostreet,you were there, at dartford this time!
that is quite an old picture,coz the peterbilt had short stacks and shallow bumper at that time.and its winter ish,because the aluminuim is coated in a wax sealer to stop corrosion,hence black wheels.
that is a bit long on that trailer dude,you must work for swains.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.