Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 1992 F450 in from Ireland, the boys have not changed the lighting set up since it was exported from the USA in 92.

The front is easy to covert for UK spec, the rear is a challenge, they share the same bulb for brake and indicator, one live wire , this is obviously sorted at the cab end and the signal shot down the wire.

If you have the brake on its displaying bright red then select the indicator it flashes while to brake is still applied, how do they do that and how can I achieve 2 separate feeds ?

·
Premium Member
14,760 Posts
simplest solution is switch the 2 brake light wires at the bulb holders to the reverse lamp bulb holders and fit amber bulbs. then cut the wire from the brake lamp switch and run a new wire from the switch back to the 2 brake lights.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just got a 1992 F450 in from Ireland, the boys have not changed the lighting set up since it was exported from the USA in 92.

The front is easy to covert for UK spec, the rear is a challenge, they share the same bulb for brake and indicator, one live wire , this is obviously sorted at the cab end and the signal shot down the wire.

If you have the brake on its displaying bright red then select the indicator it flashes while to brake is still applied, how do they do that and how can I achieve 2 separate feeds ?
The easy?? (read cheat) would be to disconnect the brake light wire from the brake light switch and run a wire to the brake light bulbs.

Its pretty straight forward and only one wire.. nearly did it on mine but decided to modify the existing all red lighting instead... seeing as it is legal on these old trucks :)

TrOjAn

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As a matter of update, the brake light runs via the indicator switch hence it overrides it when flasher is selected, cut this out at the switch and went directly with a new feed via the foot switch assisted by a load relay then ran the new wire to the rear end---sorted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts