Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car came with a radio cassette fitted but also has a cd changer plugged in. In the past it had an amplifier fitted in the rear so I have decided to fit another one. My question is which leads do I connect to the amp. It is a four channel amp and has two red and two white jack plug sockets for input. The Head unit has jack plug cables marked:
Aux in
SW out
Front
Rear
As well as the normal front,rear,left, right cables

What goes where? any help apreciated

·
Registered
889 Posts
For a 4 channel setup you need to use front and rear but if you are putting a sub in there you will need to connect one set of RCA leads to the pair on the HU marked sw and use the other pair of RCA leads for the front speakers so connect to the pair on the HU unit marked front

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to run a pair of speakers and a pair of subs off the amp in the rear and a pair of front speakers off the normal speaker connections. Is this possible?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Yes that is possible but you want to run the front speakers off the amp and the rears from the HU as that will give you a better setup as the rears are just for a bit of rear fill.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply again. The idea was to have the amp on a switched circuit as the missus moans when me and my boys have the music loud so I could just have normal radio etc when she is in the car and proper music when she is not. With this in mind could I run front and rear speakers off the normal wires and a pair of speakers and a pair of subs off the amp?

If so would I still connect the subs to SW out and the speakers to front with RCA leads.

Sorry for so many questions but even though I have managed to find manuals for the radio and amp it does not make it clear.
Cheers:tup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts