Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't know how many of you have seen these spiral baffles for use instead of mufflers, www.spiralturbobaffles.com but they are a great answer to low cars or where its hard to find a good spot for the silencer, we had a customer bring some in for the new ls7 427 in his 63 vette we have built and we were very sceptical about them being any good but we fitted 2 sets (4 total) and they sound great! they are not that cheap but are easy to make for the handymen out there, i made a set in a few hours, the center tube can be capped too to quieten it more if need be, most smaller motors will only need 1 set but the vette is nearly 600 hp so needed more!lol, apparently all the noise and drone happens when the soundwaves hit something i.e a baffle so these spiral the sound waves instead of stopping them so the sound comes out the back of the car, they bolt in with 2 screws and go in the tailpipe about 8" in so are easy to mess with, but they really work so hope this helps out any guy with a low car problem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.