Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally found one to buy yesterday, anybody know how many were built and whether they were factory built or kit built?

·
Registered
291 Posts
looked at one of these about 30 years ago,over the phone it was secondhand 90% complete; on viewing it was 20% complete and a total mess .i always thought they were kits like vw beachbuggies

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Can't say I've ever seen one Mark. I'll have a look over the weekend when I bring your other bits back and swap them for our other bits. See you then.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
The only place I saw them advertised was in a Mag called Auto Performance(circa 1972)...£195 if memory is correct .I'll see if I can find an ad

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Just joined the site after reading your message online.
The Anglebug was built by Phil Haig Auto in Stockport Cheshire. On the Anglebug pages on the Ford Anglia Site it states there is no record of how many were built. I built one with my dad from April in 1972 and had it on the the road in January 1973! You purchased the body and chassis and they gave you a modified pedal cluster. Mine was built from the machanics /electrics off a Ford Anglia including the 105E engine. I was eighteen at the time and the insurance was £120 a year TPFF! I met a guy with a 1600cc engine in his.....! I'm happy to share any info. I have. Regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts