Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed animated gifs uploaded to RnS's hosting service aren't animated when posted in a thread ? .

RnS hosting

Photobucket

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
:lol:

Well, the reason is because of the automatic image resizing that was part of the image hosting. It saved gifs as just a single frame hence losing the animation. I've turned off the resizing function and now it uploads as original so animated et al :tup:

but really you wanted to know why i'd allow any method of uploading the Hypnotising Hoff picture didn't you :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
I added an animated gif as my signature. A little moggy but it's not moved, unless it's broken down !!! or may be too big to work.

Also noticed my smilies have stopped working ( sad face added manually)

It does say smilies are ON at the bottom of the page

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Signature pics above a certain size (500x100px or 10kb) are processed by the software which loses the animation capabilities.

Smilies work fine here (clickable and everything) which would suggest your browser or settings being the problem. Some firewall software (namely zone alarm) has been known to stop animations running and also javascript settings can stop the clickable aspect working.

·
Registered
332 Posts
cheers Si will look into it this end

Thanks for trying Ron, but Stiff that test pic is soooooo wrong !!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
:D

Got the Smilies working again :tup:

The gif was 17 kb so got it reduced to 8 kb with a few tweeks and now working

·
Registered
332 Posts
Si, not sure exactly how I fixed it :lol: but yes had a play with no script settings and the smilies came back.

:tup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts