Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya Guys.

Doing some work on the server to try and resolve these slow speed issues we're having.

I'll need to re-boot the server so it will be going down at approx 8:30 this evening for a couple of minutes.

Thanks,

Si

·
Registered
552 Posts
hands up who didnt read the post and was trying to sent a PM at 8.30!! :tup: i'll get me coat :wanker: :pmsl:

anyway well dont Si its worked :tup:

jim

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Talking of this website, could we have the snowman a little shorter please,as it's getting warmer?

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Joking aside I'm still getting a lot of this

I'm I the only one :?:

I've been getting that too Bob, I have here as my home page & have been having to go into another site & then onto here. I'll have a go again now & see if all's well.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Still really slow for me , keep getting connection failed error and pictures hosted at R'n'S failing to load , using Google Chrome

p.s. this is my third attempt at posting this :mad:

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Joking aside I'm still getting a lot of this

I'm I the only one :?:

Bob
Hi Bob,

I am suffering the same as you and Hemi Bucket, i think it said something slightly different like "check your connection" :shake: but was struggling to find this site and change from page to page / thread to thread.

:confused: tried a few other sites i go on and they are fine.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
I've tried a few times now & all seems to be ok, thanks Si. I still have bother getting the pages to go back to the main index though, takes a few clicks so I usually end up using the home button.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There appears to be something on the server that is causing massive loads which result in the slow response times. Trying to get to the bottom of what it is :tdown:

Bob, how long have you been having those timeouts for ? Do they come up instantly when you try to visit a page or is it after 30 seconds or so ?

Same for the rest. Has this just been happening tonight or has this been happening before say a month or so ago ?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Been happening intermittently for a good while , sometimes page takes forever to load , sometimes connection failed , sometimes just get a blank white screen :shocked: .

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
There appears to be something on the server that is causing massive loads which result in the slow response times. Trying to get to the bottom of what it is :tdown:

Bob, how long have you been having those timeouts for ? Do they come up instantly when you try to visit a page or is it after 30 seconds or so ?

Same for the rest. Has this just been happening tonight or has this been happening before say a month or so ago ?
Hi Si,

I don't no about other members, but i was timing out after about 30-60 secs (although it seems like 30- 60 mins when you're waiting), but now it is absolutely flying :tup:

Tonight has been the worst time for me, was probably playing up from about 20.30 - 22.30 ish. Have had other odd nights over the past couple of weeks where it has been slow but just here and there not almost constantly as it was earlier on this evening.

I thought the problem may have been at this end but i was jumping on and off other sites and they seemed fine, apart from the content and the company of course :incheek:

Don't know if any of this info will be of any help to you.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
Been happening intermittently for a good while , sometimes page takes forever to load , sometimes connection failed , sometimes just get a blank white screen :shocked: .

Almost as same as Ron I backspace on keyboard and it comes back takes about 20 sec,to come back.

Bob...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts