Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

So, new to the site and wanting to build my own 27 T Bucket.

Have seen kits in various forms and levels of completion from US makers but is there anyone here in the UK that can supply me with a frame and body kit. Ideally i would like to buy the frame with the bracketry welded on as I have never tried any welding and i wouldn't trust myself to do it right! I am however, more than comfortable with bolting stuff together. I was pretty nifty with the old Meccano when I was younger and I do and have done a lot of the maintenance on my own car.

I will have access to a Rover SD1 engine and gearbox (bless my pop in law!!) and have the idea of mating it to something like a Granada or SD1 rear axle unit. I'm sure this has been done before!

The main reason for wanting to go down the Rover and Granada route is availability and cost of the bits involved. I dont have a huge budget and kind of want it to be a British Rod anyway.

Any tips or guidance for a complete novice would be most welcome!!!

Cheers in advance!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres no Noobs here.....:incheek:.....But a Big welcome to Rods n Sods
Hows the Jack Russell..

Bob.....
Hey Bob,

Cheers for the reply. Jack Russells (x3) are all fine! Dare I ask how you know I have Jack Rats? Would you perchance be a member on MG Rover.org forum too and have we met? Or do you know me from somewhere else?

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
BoB stop freakin people out ! :) Bry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts