Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,056 Posts
I have a few around somewhere, I try not to look at them too often or I wouldn't get enthused enough to do another.:lol:

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
I know techically its nowhere near finished but it was well well rotten. The chassis had snapped in half, the sills were full of bitchum, back panel and arches where full of cement not bodge, lol.

These were taken end of last summer.

·
Registered
773 Posts
looks ,really sweet is the the esquire model..? as they say ,thats the billy bo---cks:tup:

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
looks ,really sweet is the the esquire model..? as they say ,thats the billy bo---cks:tup:
Cheers guys. Its actually a 300e van but after research found Ford offered the window conversion and moved filler neck if you wanted to put rear seats in the back which mine never did. Unusually its got a complete roof lining in aswell. It was far too rotten to rebuild as standard which i was going to do, honest :shake: :tup: Its rolling on a 3x2 chassis with an Autopower and Customs front clip, 4 bar with a narrowed 8" and WILL be running, eventually, a 350 SBC.

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
looks like a converted 300e van as it has openingrear doors instead of a split tailgate still looks the nads though:tup:

·
Registered
773 Posts
openingrear doors instead of a split tailgate

ah i see ,good point .. haha
i luv em ..

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Lee, glad you posted these pics id forgotten how rotten it actualy was before you started on it:bigsmile:
Yeah it was rather rotten Roy wasnt it, lol. I will post all the pics of the build up in the garage bit during the week as i seemed to have stole the thread a little, lol. Cheers for comments guys, it means alot to me as im building the van alone and without anyone else to bash heads with if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
here is how mine started

lots of work and loads of help from big ian 12 months later it was finished complete with interior

and 5 years later it looks like this...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Before:

Add in about 95,000 miles along the way and then after:

etc! :shake:

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Wayne was right you all deserve a medal but thats how we all start. Dreams are powerful things.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
First pictur about 98,the rest 2000 (JohnRied said it had been "cliped "on the back coener-bless im ,Bry

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Before, sills and floors done so far:

During:

Ugh.

May as well make some improvements while it's chopped out. Recess:

Mix and match some bits:

Lick of filler:

Spray red and finally:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jonny my estate looks to have gone in the same places

this is how it is at the moment, will get the after pics up over the next couple of weeks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
All that hard work paid of tho Jonny cos it does look real sweet now its finished (whow much damage was done with the recent mishap m8)
It's a bit charred under the flipfront and the firewall got a bit scorched but the top paint seems to have survived. You can't tell it happened unless you look underneath. I'll respray the engine bay when I pull the engine out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts