Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've moved our kitchen sink and had to use white flexible pipes . The water now tastes a bit like TCP ? A problem or something that will fade ?

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
You probably used flexi pipes that aren't designed for drinking water. you get the same taste when you use wasing machine hoses or a garden hose. take them out and replace them with either braided flexis or 'pushfit'. And get them from a plumbers merchant, not a diy store
Russ
AKA R J Lydford Plumbing & Heating

·
Old enough to know better
3,479 Posts
Stop drinking the water, gargle with the TCP, and all will be well....
Actually, exactly as Russ said, the white flexi's are non-potable Kev...

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
" Non-potable " ?

Also these ARE pushfit with a boiler fix valve in the line ?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You probably used flexi pipes that aren't designed for drinking water. you get the same taste when you use wasing machine hoses or a garden hose. take them out and replace them with either braided flexis or 'pushfit'. And get them from a plumbers merchant, not a diy store
Russ
AKA R J Lydford Plumbing & Heating
Was in B&Q today and checked the hoses, doesn't mention anything about potable or non potable or 'not for drinking taps and they were pushfit

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,411 Posts
Our caravan has plastic water pipes & the water tastes just like that. Complained to the manufacturer & was told to steralise the system overnight with Milton to get rid of the "new plastic" taste. Done it several times & it still tastes the same so I just put it down to plastic pipes in general. Having said that, new build houses use plastic water supply pipes so it must be down to the grade of plastic.

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
Having just re plumbed my bathroom, that qualifies me to be a complete plumbing expert and knowledgeable on all matters piping, heating etc::lol:

So I would......................................

Take the advice of Russ as he's a real plumber:tup:

·
3,479 Posts
Was in B&Q today and checked the hoses, doesn't mention anything about potable or non potable or 'not for drinking taps and they were pushfit
Now Kev, you frequently tell the assembled masses that they are not listening about forthcoming changes to the system and the proper way to register a car...
And here you are not listening to either Russ or me.....:D

Stop going to B an Q, cos they know nuffink.......frequent your local merchant, or at a push use Toolstation. for example
Toolstation > Plumbing > Flexible Connectors > Flexible Tap Connector
EPDM inner, suitable for drinking water.....:tup:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I AM listening to you both, I want to know if B&Q are trying to poison the masses, can't be good for business:oops: I was in B&Q buying other stuff ;)

·
3,479 Posts
:rule:
Sorry Kev........
Nothing that any of the sheds do would surprise me....hope the water tastes ok now.....:incheek:

·
Registered
282 Posts
The B&Q stuff is ok for bath taps as you dont drink the water from the hot & the cold is fed from the mains cold tank in the loft (normally), your kitchen tap is mains fed & so needs to be potable type flexi

1 - 20 of 20 Posts