Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sheep Shagger
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the road legal/race tyres similar to the ones the Street Eliminator lot use. I tend to get a blank when anyone talks about them for some reason.

The car currently runs 245x60x15's and there's not much room left around them for anything bigger.
Anyone got any preferences and approximate costs ?

If not, would I be better off buying normal road tyres (approx £50.00 each) and getting a pair of slicks 2nd hand ?
I have a spare set of wheels, but would prefer the 1st option as I want to see what the car does in full street trim rather than cheating a little with slicks. ;)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
we used a 275 50 mickey thompson drag radial on a road car, it wasnt very nice as a road tyre to be honest, found the car to wonder on uneven road surfaces, was good on strip though.
depends what you have in mind usage wise?
for quickest poss et id go with the slicks and have a normal road tyre for road use :bigsmile:

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
i ve used mickey tompson et street radials for about two years now and so have a few of my mates. we used to use m/t sportsman pros but the cars used to wollow about to much.with the street et`sthe car feel much more stable on the road.there not that great in the rain though as i found out when i got caught out in it driving to avon park.they do them in 235 60 15and bf goodridge do the same size in there g force radial.the bf goodridge look more legal with a bit more thread,look to pay about £300 plus apair

·
Sheep Shagger
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys.
At £300.00 a pair I might go down the road tyres and slicks route.

I'll check a few things out over the Winter I think, see what turns up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.