Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

..though still not as realistic as the car at the Supernats on Saturday afternoon.:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
I think that's the Hemi Deuce owned By Don Hostetter. He also has a similarly painted Bonneville coupe that each year has morphed into an 'aero' styled, streamlined racer.

What happened on Saturday Kev?

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
I was at Speedweek in 1998. I'm pretty sure the car was solid black with the flames by then. One thing's for sure, anyone who thinks that 'real' flames are a new thing is very much mistaken.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My piccie ws taken from the San Diego Roadster club site, one of the organising clubs of Bonneville.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
I was at Speedweek in 1998. I'm pretty sure the car was solid black with the flames by then. One thing's for sure, anyone who thinks that 'real' flames are a new thing is very much mistaken.
Alan thats something ive learned today,first i saw were 2004 !,Bry

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
Bry, when I first saw Don's car and his 'pure' racecar with matching flames, I couldn't believe it. Up till then I thought all flamed cars should have California Kid type licks.
Saw one of your 8 second runs on Saturday, caught up with Sid and Andy in the Pits but never did catch you.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Hey Alan,its such a shame these two meets clash, i love em both,Bry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts