Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original manual gearbox in a '53 Chevy Stepside 3 speed column change used to jump out of top gear. A replacement box was fitted which still jumps out of top gear but not as often as the first. Does anyone know of where I could get the first gearbox rebuilt? Preferably Midlands area but could take it further if no option. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
these 3 speed manual boxes are very easily rebuilt. You only need some common sence, basic tools, preferably a 10 ton press and the spares.
I rebuilt my Saginaw 3 speed manual from my '67 camaro last winter. A doddle.
You can get a very complete rebuild kit from Kajunjon at very reasonable rates. He'll give you lots of advise too.
SAGINAW 3-SPEED Transmission Master REBUILD KITS | eBay
I've got the parts list and rebuild manual in PDF format. Can send you a copy if you like.

Kurt

·
ian 57
108 Posts
Hi Chevy' Can't answer your question but before you fork out on a rebuild check that the 2 faces of the bell housing are parallel to each other. A friend had the same prob on an 63 vette he put five boxes in it then found out the bell housing was pissed. Ian

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Kurt, my reply didn't get posted for some reason the other night. Anyway thanks for the info. I have checked the link and will be sending Kajunjon a mail to get the right kit. If you could send me a copy of the manual that would be great so I can see what I'm going to need to fix it. Cheers, Rich
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts