Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or anyone that knows about smoke machines..:smoke:

long story short im looking for a unit to try a display idea i have.
ive looked about and they seem quite cheap to buy but im lost in the minefield of models/outputs etc.

can anyone point me in the right direction....:tup:

Sid.

·
Registered
81 Posts

ive looked about and they seem quite cheap to buy but im lost in the minefield of models/outputs etc.

Sid.
You want a smoke machine with a cooler if you want low level smoke. you put Ice in the cooler and it give your nice low level smoke.

You want a water based smoke product.

give me some idea of what your trying to acheave and I'll throw some options at you.

PM me if you want to keep it private.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Eh up Sid,i do quite a bit with bands and stuff let me know what your after Bry:tup:(07802962991)

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts

Sid.
Hi Sid,

Cant you just use the linelock :lol:

Russ.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Maplin do one for £30 that will fill a fairly big room with dense smoke in minutes. We used it for a TV programme and it was more than adequate.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Attachments

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for your input people, its something i had no idea on but have done some mooching today and think i can get something to work..:tup:
really only need a small unit but theres not much in the way of timers etc with these cheaper units.
ill need to rs maybe and sort a timer out...;)

what im trying to do is what you see in the above post/pic but static obviously..:shake:

i did think of the old cotton wool thing but id like to try something different.

theres a plan i have and believe itll work? it does also involve some pipe lagging, a few blocks of wood and a strong fan.

what do you think?

any ideas or experience/photoshoot stuff ?

Sid...

·
Registered
411 Posts

Sid.
ive got a couple of second hand ones that came with a display trailer we recently bought sid.dont know a lot about them myself,but i can pass on the details if youre interested?
mick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts