Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to have a new boiler fitted. Needs a 22mm main running and the boiler fitting. I've got the boiler, just after a guide as to what I should roughly be paying to have this done, or even better anybody Herts based fancy quoting on doing the work ?

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
That's like asking how longs a piece of string. A plumber would have to look at the job. Factors such as the flue, wall its being fixed to, the condensate pipework, flushing the existing system all have to be addressed. Tradesmen don't often like the customer buying the stuff as they can loose out on any mark up, so charge more for fitting. I on most occasions i still would have paid less than the customer anyhow. On the other hand i prefer it when the customer buys ( often unbranded) parts because when they go wrong you can charge for a call out as it's the parts you did not supply that have gone wrong ( or some may lie and come out with that anyhow)

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's like asking how longs a piece of string. A plumber would have to look at the job. Factors such as the flue, wall its being fixed to, the condensate pipework, flushing the existing system all have to be addressed. Tradesmen don't often like the customer buying the stuff as they can loose out on any mark up, so charge more for fitting. I on most occasions i still would have paid less than the customer anyhow. On the other hand i prefer it when the customer buys ( often unbranded) parts because when they go wrong you can charge for a call out as it's the parts you did not supply that have gone wrong ( or some may lie and come out with that anyhow)
To clarify

1, Isolate Gas Supply and remover old boiler
2, Powerflush heating system
3, Tap a 22mm feed off the meter, run approx 12ft to boiler through 1 plasterboard cavity wall, mounting to pipe above cupbaords to interior wall, ie not underfloor.
4, Supply and Fit Heating controls / wireless thermostat, have it wired and certified by qualified sparky
5, Fit boiler and Flew in existing position to brickwall, with new 22mm feed, make good old vent and fit condensate pipework to exterior. Pipework to drop 6ft vertically and 3ft horizontaly to drain.
6, Connect gas supply, test and certify

Boiler is a Worcester Greenstar 24R1. Only interested in a rough guide price to install it.

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
if its any help. I have just paid £1600 for a Worcester 16Ri to be supplied and fitted.
The plumbers took out the old potterton, I had new wiring run (5 core) as the old boiler only had 3 core cable and no pump overrun fitted (Good old Wimpey homes :incheek:)
They also had to modify the pipework in the airing cupboard as I had no vent facility on the tank before, and it was back venting into the header tank. (This explains why the loft was always filled with condensation)
New digital thermostat fitted, used existing wiring from old stat.

Dont forget you also need thermostatic valves fitted to all rads now if you havnt got them already.

So that might give you an idea of teh cost you should expect to pay.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Me heating has packed up! I have a tank of LPG in the garden.
It went off last nite and I thought I ran out of gas. It wont re ignite today.
Doesnt seem to be any gas coming through to the pilot light.
Tank was filled today.
Help!

·
Registered
396 Posts
i would say about £600 without looking at it unless the plumber has his part p and can do th electrical side of things (prices will be a bit differant up ere) and they are a decent boiler ,wit hthe powerflush unless you have loads of sludge i would just run some system cleaner fernox f3 etc through for a week or so after you get the boiler fitted and that should work out fine and be cheaper we usualy charge about 200-250 for a powerflush alone.

dont have a clue about your lpg problem sounds like its blocked or maybe needs a purge if it did fully run out

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Just had one fitted over the last two days. taking the old fire and back boiler out, removing the three tanks and old pipes, connecting the new combi £1500

1 - 9 of 9 Posts