Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to lower my fire truck camper ford f350 1955.Now if i put it on air rides take about 3inc out of the leaf springs would that lower it 3inc.It has leaf springs on the front as well one each side.Any other way of lowering it.It is a twin rear wheels.Would it be bad idea turning the main leaf spring the other way.I would like to lower as much as possible.Thanks

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
As I said on the other post, air is a spring so you have to lower it somehow first and let the air bring it back up.
If you want it really low, you need to lose the springs.
Are the springs currently under the axles or above? Flipping them and adding lowering blocks would be the easiest and cheapest way of doing it, but there is no such thing as a free lunch......

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The springs on the front and rear are above the axle.If i remove 2inc of springs will that mean it will only be 2inc lower on air ride.Thanks

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being a bit thick when you say flip do you mean sit the axle on top of the springs or do you mean turn the axle upside down thanks

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the front the spring sits on top.On a flat bit thats part of the axle.On the under side there is not this bit.Someone said have the axle beam stretched who does this in the uk.Thanks

·
I'm a Lowrider !
239 Posts
Get machined lowering blocks for it.

place the leaf spring UNDER the axle with the lowering block machined to fit snug between the spring and the axle so you retain pinion angle etc.

Rayvern hydraulics can machine these for you to almost any length (i'd stop at 8" though for safety as the longer the bolts are the weaker they tend to get)

CLICK -> Rayvern Hydraulics

1 - 10 of 10 Posts