Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Starlyte
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have any video clips of the blue and silver flaked Starlyte V8 capri from the early 80's. It was at shows every weekend from from about easter till october.
I built this in late 70's and never saw or heard it moving would love to see a clip of it, especially in its later guise with the blower and chromed irs.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
John had the car at many shows, Wanderers, Spire Cruisers, North East, Bridge County, anyone out there any foolage from these shows? The below pictures show the car we are looking for video footage of, it was later Supercharged.

·
Starlyte
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
These are some later pics

Rear wings and back panel rebuilt just before I sold it hence different reg

Early version before blower fitted when it ran dual quad holleys and just after irs fitted.

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Whats the high motor behind it in the last pic?, is it the mk2 cortina pick up with white 8 spokes/wellers? (THE DECK CHAIR PIC!!)

Sorry dont think i have any vids...

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Thats the one steve, but whatevers in the pic looks higher!

IN FACT THE ARCHES ARE DEFINATELY DIFFERENT...

JUST ADDED LOADS MORE STREET MACHINES ON MY E BAY...:tup:

·
Starlyte
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Any idea where that was taken, that was in its second from last rebuild seen here at doncaster - then again I might have painted the front end again as there is a lot less silver and some flames on the front which I don't think were on this version below.
Not sure who that thin youngster is polishing the mirror tiles :bigsmile:
That looks like Ken Holmes Chevy in the background.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Mk2 cortina estate made into a pick up by John Zeidler of scunthorpe.

Earlier guise in background.

The removed section of the estate was welded onto the rear of Barry Sealeys PA cresta (white with yellow and blue graphics).

Shortly after Pick up was broken and running gear was put into a Vauxhall HA viva pick up (white with blue stripes/graphics) owned by Barry Sealeys lads (gaz and darren).

Front axle (narrowed transit) was replaced with ifs, tranny axle spent a year under my Zodiac when it was a Hi-rider. Hope that helps.
Pics were taken at bridge county cruiser show either 83 or 84.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts