Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All I recently exchanged my Corvette for this 32 coupe and am trying to get some history on it as the guy i exchanged with only had a brief spec. Does any one know this car ? I know the car went to Belgium at some stage and doing a search a guy called Gary swain had it in 2006

Any history would be really usefull

Thanks

John

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
gary swain is no-spanna's from smoke city wheelers, i think a mate of mine mick had it for a couple of months from no- spannas but sold it on.cheers vin

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
it won best paint and best custom paint at extreem wheels at alexandra palace in 2006 . i think it was the first realistic flame job done by neil melliard.i think it was powered by a 350 chevy.chevy 2 or elcaminowardy on here might know abit more

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Saw it Saturday I think, not sure all those plastic cars look the same !!!!!!!

Seriously John, it is the nuts, you should be very proud

Barrie

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
just remembered before it was sprayed nissan skyline purple with realistic flames,it used to be a deep burgandy with green outline flames

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
It was owned by a mate Ian from Southgate before Gary bought it, although he drove it as he got it from a guy at, i think Wheels day. I will speak to him tommorow and find out a few details

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,657 Posts
As said earlier Larry Ward painted it with Neil Melliard flames,
Engine was a new crate 350 before Ian Ling owned it,
Looked over it when Ian owned and it appeared to be a Tony Theron chassis and an
'american street rod parts' glass body.

·
Registered
124 Posts
hi john,,,,

see your car twice now within few days,,,
i'm ashley used to go school wiv ur boy fink he showed u my 34?

would be good to meet up,, mine is on the whitehall industrial estate where cya other day!
yours must live in alresford then?!

you should try get up to nxt 8 ball diner meet
my number, 07794596987

cheers,, great looking car!! :tup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks for that Chevy2, matches what I was told re engine and Chassis, although I was told it was an Outlaw body ? Nice to know who painted the car and the colour, great stuff.

Hi Ashley Laurie has shown me the pictures of your 34 and I have seen it a couple of times as I work up on Whitehall aswell Commerce Way , car looks great, when is the next meet at the 8 Ball Diner ?

Cheers
John

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for that Chevy2, matches what I was told re engine and Chassis, although I was told it was an Outlaw body ? Nice to know who painted the car and the colour, great stuff.

Hi Ashley Laurie has shown me the pictures of your 34 and I have seen it a couple of times as I work up on Whitehall aswell Commerce Way , car looks great, when is the next meet at the 8 Ball Diner ?

Cheers
John
car lives in at commerce way unit 4,, grm roofing,,

8 ball rod meets always 2nd thursday of month..

cheers ash.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Popped into Plumcity the other day thought I saw your car to the side, not sure I can get to the 8 Ball are you going to Weeley on Saturday, would be nice to have a look at your 34.

John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts