Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Quick and easy is an electric, pumped shower, all contained in one surface mounted box. You just need a cold supply and direct access to the fuse box for electricery.

It's not very elegant but, assuming you can run the power cable, it is easy

·
Registered
158 Posts
You get 0.1 bar for every metre of head- the volume of stored water in the cold water cistern has very little bearing on it.
So if you need at least 1 bar for a decent shower you need 10 metres from base of cistern to shower outlet(not valve)
Any electric shower is generally poor performing and if you're in a hard water area won't last long unless water is artificially
softened
Pm me if you want some advice

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
If your going the electric route you will need to run the correct cable for the size of the shower, and also the length needs to be taken into consideration, I had 10mm cable installed, this was connected to the supply by a separate fuse and an isolator switch was also fitted outside the bathroom, while it is a fairly easy DIY job personally I would get a part P qualified electrician to connect the cable and sign it off then if anything went wrong it wouldn't invalidate your home insurance.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I fitted a pumped electric shower for my MiL a few years ago, in a hard water area, it was more than Ok and is still going strong today. I do agree though that an electric shower without a pump is crap

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's a fair enough but I am a plumber ,I've fitted and changed more than a few over the years and I would suggest that they're not the way forward if you're after a decent shower -each to there own I guess

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.