Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
scavengers cc
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys,..... Right what it is, you know the 22mm copper pipe? Of cors you do... Well yyou know the straight coupler and the stop end.... Heres the cruncher... I'm deperately after a piece of copper pipe that is the same inside diameter as the inside diameter of a coupler or stopend.... Basically a piece of copper pipe with the INSIDE diameter of 22mm and around 12inches long...... If anyone can help i'd be very greatfull....joe

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Joe this might be of use but might not.
you can buy a tool called a socket former which is a metal plug attached to a handle which is banged with a hammer
Into a piece of 22mm tube which basically flares it into a socket but in standard form will make a socket approx
100mm long which is not enough for what you need.
my thoughts were that you could adapt it to force it all the way through a 12" piece of tube and form the piece you
need.

woz

·
Registered
158 Posts
Imperial 3/4 pipe is slightly smaller than 22mm
,you can buy a swaging tool which you can use to expand copper pipe to form a female end to receive 22mm (if that makes sense) but I doubt you could use it for the length your talking about without distorting it
Can I ask what to want it for ? It may give me an idea

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Is it not possible to just swage one or bot ends and just leave the 22mm pipe in the middle

Just a thought

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Why do you want it? As in to fit what?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts