Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
we looked into this about 7 years ago and at the time there wasnt, not sure if things have changed now, we found all the info buy going on west midlands police website, sure your local boys in blue will have a site too -)

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts

·
richard rawlplug
8,140 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi stepdaughter wanted to be in the police, but she was more interested in doing crime scene investigation ,but most of that is done by civilian people. she joined the cadets an enjoyed it, she could have gone as a special at 18 but work an going to shows would not fit in. not wanting to put your boy off but I spoke to a few police officers an they told me it would be best if she waited till she was in her mid twentys before joining the police force fulltime. the only thing school offered her in further education was a unifomed services course at college. hope he gets what he wants for his future, stepdaughter now working in insurance for national company not a broker an enjoying it

·
Registered
272 Posts
My eldest (15yrs) is adamant that he wants to become a police officer and he is looking for a work experience placement

Is there such a thing in the police force ??????
Not that I'm aware of, you can come out as an observer but that's generally adults. My lot have recently introduced a Police Cadet scheme. As has been mentioned above you've got more chance of getting in from your mid 20's as you're generally viewed as having seen a bit more of life but the right candidate can get in at the minimum age which I believe is still 18 and a half.

Feel free to fire any questions at me, it's been a while since I've donned a uniform (jeans n t-shirt in my field) but I'll try my best.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vince, couldnt he just live off the royalties from all those hit records,??
He'll make you STAND AND DELIVER :lol:

Thanks for the advice (except SATANS :incheek:) we'll see what the local stn says .......... He has already enrolled in the cadets and does enjoy that :tup:

Its strange as he hasnt said hes wanted to do anything else .......so going to have to find out soon if theres anything along those lines

Thanks again

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Vince, i am seeing a mate tonight that "works" around your way, he is of the dick turpin variety (stops you at the side of the road and robs you blind).
what part of the job is he interested in?, maybe PC robin B'stard could get some leaflets, doubt that he could get anything else but i will ask.
Glenn

p.s in case you haven't guessed he is Met and Traffic but has worked a fair bit of SE London

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
I hope your research goes well Vince, if that's what he wants encourage him, having an aim in life is so important and it seems to me that he has a great aim.

Just one thing, what the feck has all this 'Stand and Deliver' got to do with the Police??
First it was Pink Floyd getting mixed up with Procul Harum, now we have Adam Ant mixing it with the Police.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Vince, i am seeing a mate tonight that "works" around your way, he is of the dick turpin variety (stops you at the side of the road and robs you blind).
what part of the job is he interested in?, maybe PC robin B'stard could get some leaflets, doubt that he could get anything else but i will ask.
Glenn

p.s in case you haven't guessed he is Met and Traffic but has worked a fair bit of SE London
He wants to be a plain n simple bobby ...nothing special ......... (i just asked him and his exact answer was " I just want to help people" :tup:)

I hope your research goes well Vince, if that's what he wants encourage him, having an aim in life is so important and it seems to me that he has a great aim.

Just one thing, what the feck has all this 'Stand and Deliver' got to do with the Police??
First it was Pink Floyd getting mixed up with Procul Harum, now we have Adam Ant mixing it with the Police.
Cheers Al ....... He is ADAMANT about becoming a copper

(keep up at the back :lol:)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Vince my mate Al is quite sure that recruitment in the near future is going to be limited (very), he reckons the best way in is through the pcso/special route.
there is no leaflet/yts schemes the only way in is through hendon etc, being a pcso shows the system that you are committed and want to do the job no matter what but it will take time.
encourage your son to keep on the long walk we all need someone doing the job for his reasons.
Oh and by the way "a plain and simple bobby" is at the front end and in this day and age that's not "nothing special".
Glenn

now i have been serious i am going to go back to cracking as many jokes as possible at Al's expense ( i wonder if he will ever break a speed limit, god pursuit is going to be really interesting)

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for asking Glenn :tup: ..............

The "nothing special" was more a case that i was expecting him to say something silly ...like youd expect from a tv watching video playing youngster :tup:

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
He'll make you STAND AND DELIVER :lol:

That about sums it up, taking the name of your band off a toilet while having a leak was a moment of brilliance! :smoke:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts