Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above, I've got to do a binding tariff application for the 74 Torino I've got coming over, is there a wrong or right way to do these forms, shall I print out the pictures I've got and send them with it? any advice welcome.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I only know a little about these, and was told if it's original you can pay the cheaper import tax 5%. I didn't need to do it in the end as the dealer sorted it with a import firm called CARS and I just have to pay the tax bill on monday after supplying bill of sale to them : ) and pick mine up on friday (sorry not much help)

James

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
I've just brought a car in on the 5% Import duty and no VAT. I was sent a form with very few simple questions, I forget exactly but something like:- is the suspension stock? is the drive train stock? what are you going to use the car for? It may have changed but it was very simple I just answerd honestly and hey presto 5% duty.

Rog.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
i just filled out the required bits .attached some pics and sent it off,i seem to remember now there were some words i didnt understand so i rang the shipping agent this end and he told me what to do,
oh and send it off as soon as you can cos if its not done before the vehicle arrives you may have to pay higher rate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts