Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need something doing for a project , would it be suitable to use as a mask for sandblasting ? - no really heavy blasting just a light go with very fine media .

Cheers,
Ron

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
I do signs/displays/vinyls etc.
Years ago I used vinyl as a mask to sandblast on glass, it held up ok for a light blasting. Drop me a pm with what you want to do and I'll gladly cut you a couple of samples for you to experiment with and if it works I can cut you a full stencil.

·
Registered
718 Posts
There's a chap over in Thamesmead, i hear he's very good..can be contacted @ ALLJIVE VINYLS,Binsey Walk,London,SE28...hope this helps.

·
Stick shiftin' 55
38 Posts
Our place cuts masks out of a thick rubbery vinyl for a stone mason who uses them to blast granite house names and head stones!
We're based in Guernsey in the Channel Islands which could be a pain in the arse for you but if you get stuck, give us a shout, we'll gladly help out if we can.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the replies lads :tup: , I rang that place in Thamesmead Wal but the guy kept asking if it was for a Mk4 or Mk5 and did I want the chrome edging trim - couldn't get any sense out of him at all.

I might take you up on that piecrust , Alan (40Stude) is sending me a sample of his vinyl to try so I'll let you know .

Cheers,
Ron

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
Try Ian, AKA Big Boss Man on the other channel. He does vinyl's etc and might be worth a call.

P.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
me eyes goin' again.....an' i got dun by your homepage:finger:
It will comfort you to know Wal, that I also got 'dun' by that website. All I wanted was a large sheet of beige vinyl but he'd sent it all to you!
Rog.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi give Tony a bell at Bedlam Autobodys he does sand blasting, vinyl signs aswell as car restorations. 07912940508
Best of Luck Scrapyarddoguk/Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts