Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trusty Fuji S5000 has finally give up the ghost after 5 years of ,almost, daily use so I need to get a new camera .
I've kinda narrowed it down to a Canon G10 or G11 or a Panasonic Lumix , anybody here use either of these and got any tips or criticisms ? . It'll be used mostly for photographing objects indoors , rarely for snapshot type pics .

Cheers,
Ron
:cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
This link could be useful, you can see various photos taken with what ever camera you choose.
http://www.flickr.com/cameras/

Another useful site is: http://www.dpreview.com/

I've got a Panasonic Lumix FZ28 which is fine if you have it set to the correct settings for each photo although you need to keep it very still so it's not good for taking a quick snap. Unless you need the large optical zoom I'd go for a Canon. I'm always tempted to look for a decent used Nikon D80 or Canon EOS DSLR which have larger sensors for improved clarity.
It really did my head in trying to choose my last camera, it was the fact that the Panasonic could be had new for half the RRP on eBay that finally was the decider for me!

·
My name is Martin
2,621 Posts
I'm an SLR user, however of the G10 the major criticism I've heard of is dust getting inside the lens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive got the g10 and the 11 both good camera's if your shooting mainly indoors I would go for the G11 due to the better ASA . Only issues I have is the shutter lag however I think that its on par for a compact

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys , I'll check out those links Andrew .
...is it worth paying the extra for the G11 over the G10 ? , it's quite a difference in price .

Ron

·
Registered
211 Posts
Another vote here for the Lumix. I've had the TZ 5 for about 18 months and it's just outstanding.

As Toad said the TZ 7 is even better............if that's possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts