Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 206 with 1.6 ltr 16V (TU5jp4 engine)
Car will start and idle fine but will not rev up at all (like a broken throttle cable, but this is fly-by-wire) Also coming up with anti pollution fault on onboard display but I think this is a red herring.
Scanned it and pulled off 2 DTC's P220 & P227. Both codes refer to TPS fault, But have swapped out TPS and APP still the same and still same fault codes. Is there a known issue on these that could give this result before I start diving in at the deep end?
Looking for " check such and such a relay/fuse/connector as they will cause this and is known problem" if poss.

I know this is a bit modern stuff but I know there are some experienced mechanics here that may have come across this.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
P0220 and P0227 refer to C and B circuit low imputs as you have already renewed the parts that takes that out of the guessing, check all your wiring plugs for good connections etc , and then move onto the loom, this is more than likely a low voltage signal at the TPS as the code information suggests, which is probably a wiring issue, ie break in the loom or something has rubbed through, or even an ECU fault.
Did the car have the fault when you bought it?
Can't really picture the under bonnet set up but if its similar to the clio, ie throttle body and loom at the back of the engine, this is the most common place for the loom to rub through, make sure you can see all the loom and if you have any pin out data check continuity from tps to ecu. also if you have access to code reader check out the live data and see what the TPS tells you.

Bill

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P0220 and P0227 refer to C and B circuit low imputs as you have already renewed the parts that takes that out of the guessing, check all your wiring plugs for good connections etc , and then move onto the loom, this is more than likely a low voltage signal at the TPS as the code information suggests, which is probably a wiring issue, ie break in the loom or something has rubbed through, or even an ECU fault.
Did the car have the fault when you bought it?
Can't really picture the under bonnet set up but if its similar to the clio, ie throttle body and loom at the back of the engine, this is the most common place for the loom to rub through, make sure you can see all the loom and if you have any pin out data check continuity from tps to ecu. also if you have access to code reader check out the live data and see what the TPS tells you.

Bill
Pretty much my next move, but trying to get a "heads up" to known issues. Car was bought with this problem so no history of what's been done.
Live data doesn't really tell much (throttle blade angle steady @ 7 deg. and doesn't move with pedal press) every thing else normal. Will tap through loom tomorrow and see what I find. Hey-ho!!

Roverman. Pug is to replace ageing but very reliable 306TD. What LR have you bought and what did it replace?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
If you bought it with this problem bare in mind that possibly everyman and his dog may have been there before you, be care full with the ecu plugs the pins are so small these days and easy to bend, get some electrical cleaner and give the pins and plugs a good clean out while your there.

Bil

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now sorted. I had to calibrate new TPS & APP. All is well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts