Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Nowheresville
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a piece of that very tough plywood flooring that is grooved in a diamond pattern. I got some from a scrappy probably 15 or 20 years ago and fancy using it for my roadster's floor, and maybe the trunk bulkhead.

A piece about 3ft square would do the floor, but would probably need a bit 4ft x 2ft for the bulkhead. I guess it probably comes in big, expensive sheets? Anyone know what it is called, or who supplies it?

Thanks, Andy

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Not sure if its what you want but a lot of trailer builders use a tough embossed ply which I think is called wizadeck or something very simular but not sure of the spelling, why not try your local bodybuilders as the sizes you are looking for would prob be offcuts to most companys.
KEV

·
Nowheresville
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kev, had a quick look and found Wisadeck but that appears to be phenolic-faced plywood and what I had was much more dense than normal ply and was a dark colour all the way through. It may be another variant of that though, so will have another look tomorrow. I have a feeling our local truck body place (Frazers) closed?

Ross, what I had was only about a 1/2inch thick so may have been from a van floor rather than bigger truck. An inch would stick up a bit from the recess in the Model A floorpan.

·
starting to crawl back up
3,029 Posts
phenolic or ,resin, ply available from bateson or ifor williams trailers but from them it works out over £100 a sheet
theres some on ebay from a place in lincolnshire i think they are near wisbech about £60 a sheet 8x4 ft

·
3,029 Posts
ebay seller SUB 4X4 at newton stewart has some at £40 a sheet

also on ebay 9mm at £41 a sheet from ,,DEWFRESH at fakenham

·
3,029 Posts
on some sheets you get two patterns a differant one each side, or a pattern and a plain side

1 - 13 of 13 Posts