Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ours is a Beko, bottom of the range mechanical type, about 7 years old. Its been great, never gone wrong until now. Occasionally after its finished, a puddle of water appears underneath after about five minutes. This was a minor irritation, but today it started to chuck out soapy water from underneath while on the wash cycle. Apart from fitting it with a pair of incontinence pants, anyone any ideas what might be wrong? Really could do without shelling out for a new one at the minute.

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
Ours is a Beko, bottom of the range mechanical type, about 7 years old. Its been great, never gone wrong until now. Occasionally after its finished, a puddle of water appears underneath after about five minutes. This was a minor irritation, but today it started to chuck out soapy water from underneath while on the wash cycle. Apart from fitting it with a pair of incontinence pants, anyone any ideas what might be wrong? Really could do without shelling out for a new one at the minute.
yep,,,its marking its territory. :twisted:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,276 Posts
They usually have a fluff filter that can become blocked and cause backflow ,normally under a flap on the front ?

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
When washing is there a banging noise as we had a washing some yrs ago that did this and it was the shock mount broke was attached to the drum.

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
They usually have a fluff filter that can become blocked and cause backflow ,normally under a flap on the front ?
"are you speaking about the machine,,,or the operator,Kev??:pmsl:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Once you've tried the above tip it on its side and work through the various drain hoses taking them off and seeing if they're blocked. Google your make and model and problem. I've fixed ours three times this year based on info I've found on the web. Parts are also easy to get online. Save yourself a lot of money, if you can fix a V8 you can fix your average washing machine.
Al

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thats is the best advice you'll get, done it that way many times and saved a fortune. Its a mechanicle problem not program so its repairable..
Once you've tried the above tip it on its side and work through the various drain hoses taking them off and seeing if they're blocked. Google your make and model and problem. I've fixed ours three times this year based on info I've found on the web. Parts are also easy to get online. Save yourself a lot of money, if you can fix a V8 you can fix your average washing machine.
Al

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
If it is throwing water out the bottom, there is evidently a hole of some kind at the bottom. Simply turn the whole machine upside down, and the hole is now at the top, so won't leak. Advantage is that the filter that was at the bottom, is now at the top, so easier to clean out.

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I turned it upside down & there were water marks down the side of the drum, but nothing obviously wrong. Turned it back round the right way, took the top off and the filling hose from the soap powder drawer to the drum was hanging off from the drawer fitting and the seal to the drum looked poor. Ten minutes later the hose was back on with a dose of Tiger Seal round where it attaches to the drum. I even checked the motor brushes & drive belt while I was there, so it now has service-history.....

Thanks! Does make you wonder how many household appliances get scrapped because of easy-to-fix problems?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Good news. I nearly chucked away our pricey stainless steel microwave when it packed up, took the lid off and there was a fuse on a small circuit board inside, replaced that and it's been fine since. I always have a go at fixing stuff first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts