Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a work trip there this weekend and will have a bit of spare time.
I addition to drinking heavily, anyone recommend anything to see and do?
No car and I'm staying right in the centre of town.
Cheers
Al

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
I've been to BMW World, it's a good day out (if you like BMWs I suppose) and pretty easy to get to on the Ubahn Underground from the middle of town.

Rog.

·
Lost in the ozone. . ....
3,029 Posts
I visited the film studios there, filmed "Das Boot" and "Never Ending Story" there.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I go to the Oktoberfest every year but have to say I haven't seen much of Munich. Could try the Augustina Keller just a bit North of the Main station, easily walked or get a taxi, or go to the Hoffbrau House in the centre where Hitler used to do his speaches when he first started, it go rebuilt after the war, however they painted over the ceiling swastica's about four years ago.
Oh and you could go to the Coockoo clock shop in the town main shopping area:roll:
Other than that as others have said the BMW museum (never been though).
Have a couple of steins for me as I'm getting withdrawell symptoms.:tup:

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,395 Posts
I fly over a few times a year as I work in Ottobrunn occasionally and have honestly never found anything worth seeing. The only thing of interest was one occasion at Munich airport when a British "businessman" (you know the sort, mobile phone glued to their ear & talking loudly trying to impress folks nearby.....) ran out of a taxi carrying a small suitcase. He stopped, flipped out something resembling a skateboard from the back of the suitcase, pulled out a set of retractable handlebars from the top of the suitcase and scooted as fast as he could through the airport, phone still against his ear!

·
The Camino Kid
1,169 Posts
Hofbrauhaus is at Am Plazl 9, 80331 Munich. Nearest station is Marionplatz, tube U3 or U6. Used to use it all the time when I worked at the Neu Munchen Messe a few yeas back. And if they're still there, the "Halls" or hooker heaven as my mate used to call it..lol. Not sure if it's still there but for a real blast from the past there used to be a C&A store right opposite the Hauptbahnhof (main station). Food wise I usually find a Hanchen Haus where they have a wall of chickens on spits and massive Paella pans cooking Paella(oddly enough) or sauted potatos with fried onions. Used to get half a chicken with the sauted spuds and onions with a beer for around 6 Marks, mind you that was back in '98-'99...lol. Rog.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts