2,036 Posts
there you go Kev, plenty on google images if you need em

Bill

ooops not a efi but you get the drift

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look like two different dizzys between points and electronic from above piccies. First shots have clips at 3 and 9 o clock whereas the efi appears to be at approx 12 and 6 o clock. This puts the TFI module plug in at approx 4.00 viewed from n/s . Jamies picture seems to bear this out ?

Is that yours Jamie ?

Pughy, I thought of Mark but didn't know if he used stock efi set up or not?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Look like two different dizzys between points and electronic from above piccies. First shots have clips at 3 and 9 o clock whereas the efi appears to be at approx 12 and 6 o clock. This puts the TFI module plug in at approx 4.00 viewed from n/s . Jamies picture seems to bear this out ?

Is that yours Jamie ?

Pughy, I thought of Mark but didn't know if he used stock efi set up or not?
Hi Kev, nope not mine but my mate Garry's. Can confirm for sure with him and get back to ya.

Maybe my eyeslght's playing up but the clips look to be around 12 and 6 o clock in both pics to me.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dizzy viewed from nearside wing Jamie :tup: Could you check with Garry for me please?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hi Kev, nope not mine but my mate Garry's. Can confirm for sure with him and get back to ya.

Maybe my eyeslght's playing up but the clips look to be around 12 and 6 o clock in both pics to me.
Update! Nope, the module is around 1 o' clock (looking from front of car) on his motor but as the cam belt can be timed anywhere it probably doesn't help...

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for all the help guys , I think I'm getting there . It appears you get a 'pulse' on a Hall effect efi dizzy at both ends of the shutter blade .This means you can spark at either end of the null unlike points which only fire ( pulse) when opened but not closed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey Kev

Hope you managed to get the info you needed. If not I have a 2.0 EFI motor I can take a picture of the dizzy. It's the big ford type with a module on. I have a problem in that I need the wiring plug or pinout configuration to sort mine out.

Cheers Nige

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Hey Kev

Hope you managed to get the info you needed. If not I have a 2.0 EFI motor I can take a picture of the dizzy. It's the big ford type with a module on. I have a problem in that I need the wiring plug or pinout configuration to sort mine out.

Cheers Nige
This may help.
Electronic

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Kev

Cheers Nige
If Andys post above doesn't answer what you need let me know. I've quite a bit of info ...apart from the bit I actually need obviously :(

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Could you tell me where the rotor is pointing at firing point TDC please Gary? That's how I had mine and at firing tdc the rotor was pointing straight down at almost 6 o clock which I think was wrong .

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
yes Kev, done 700 miles so far, only problem is with temp sensor under inlet manifold which wasn't sensing heat, so it ran 'on choke' or whatever its called, giving great performance once it was hot,but lousy fuel mileage!

Gary.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I set my timing up like yours this morning and it sounds a lot stronger, proof will be when I drive it again. Meanwhile mine was also drinking fuel but down on power , thanks Gary :tup:

I drove my donor car round for 6 months and I used to get 36-40 mpg from it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts