Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to a few requests, i've set up the April Fools thread in it's own special forum so that it can be viewed in the style it was presented.

Basically just for those who missed it and still wanted to see it.

The link is here --> http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12891

As an explanation to the content, you'll find it's all relevant and truthful as explained below :tup:

It took me ages to get this worded right :D

It's a bit gutting to have to do this but ...
[That's the truth cos I knew it'd shock]

... ever felt that something needed to be done but you couldn't put your finger on exactly what to change ?
[Struggling to think what to do over the last couple of months]
Ever come to the conclusion that you've bitten off more than you can chew ??
[Could I really get the change into place without being sussed straight away]

After spending plenty of time looking at my current situation and personal circumstances I felt that something DID need to change and now was/is the only real opportunity I had.
[I'd got the time and the skills along with 1st April being the only day to do it on]

It is with that in mind that i'm now posting this.
[Gotta drag you in]

Firstly, I'd like to say what an absolutely brilliant year this has been. I've made some great friends and will no doubt carry on doing so throughout the years.
[100% true and I had no doubts it'd carry on ;)]

Secondly,

Sometimes things can turn out far better than you could have ever imagined and with that comes an equally increased responsibility.
[Damn right, the bigger the site the bigger the prank needed to be]
Knowing when the time is right to do certain things is also part of that responsibility.
[i.e. make sure I got it on the 1st not the 31st or something saft]
I've done the best I can but i've reached my limit. Something was needed to 'better' what has already been done. I've spent the last few weeks thinking this through and felt that this was the only route available. As such I've also spent recent times planning and working late into the night to make this possible and put it into place.
[done the best ... = God knows what to do next time. Needed to better = Beat pranks i've done before. Only route = it's the only one I thought you'd fall for. Spent time ... = you bet I bloody did]

It's been really difficult to find a way to word this without it turning into mindless drivel so without going in to too much detail i'm guessing that what you see before you now is quite self explanatory.
[Exactly what it says on the tin. Didn't want to bore you and make it unconvincing]

I wish you all the best and hope you continue to enjoy things as if nothing has changed :tup:
[After all, it hadn't had it ? :D]

I'm signing off for a while now.
[So I can sit back and watch the catches :D]

Si,
There you go, there was method behind it all :lol:

Don't know about you guys but i've had a great day :tup:

Cheers for not slamming the door :tup:

BTW, has anyone seen Bob (NoJive55) ?? Don't think i've seen him since he left early this morning :lol:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
HEHE ... I tried to get on R'n'S around 12:00am but couldn't get it to open , I figured you were doing some server work or something . When I tried again at around 12:25 I was like WTF !!!!! as it opened to a replica of the NSRA forum :lol:

Great job boss :tup:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I just got in from shopping and read that "April fools joke". I thought NO it cant be. Sharons asking me what do I want for dinner. I'm telling her "Nothing, some things happened" She starts shouting "What do you mean nothing" She got louder. Then I read that it's all a "joke" I didn't realise [email protected] meant that much to me. God I'm sad.

·
Super Moderator
7,401 Posts
I found the link on facebook on my phone............... good job I had a trainee driving as I was laughing so much I wouldn't be able to steer straight.......... Well done Si................................................... I still think your a sh*t bag though..:pmsl::pmsl::pmsl: ...................... Dave.:giggle:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got in from shopping and read that "April fools joke". I thought NO it cant be. Sharons asking me what do I want for dinner. I'm telling her "Nothing, some things happened" She starts shouting "What do you mean nothing" She got louder. Then I read that it's all a "joke" I didn't realise [email protected] meant that much to me. God I'm sad.
:shake:

You're making me feel guilty now :lol:

·
richard rawlplug
8,228 Posts
i totally missed it as i was at work.

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
Well 1st of all I check it out around 1o/c in the morning sipping on a glass of port doing some other stuff and at first I thought someone had hack RnS server….. watch by the way is an easy thing to do ok Si so be careful…….
And yes I was one of the first to see and fool for it too ….so fuck you Si, Yep you get 10/10 and I love it…
Wish I thought of it but no one believes what I say anymore…..don't know why…..

Any Si got you a litle gift Please try it out >>>>>>

Bob….:tup:

·
Old enough to know better
3,479 Posts
A spectacular success Si, logged on first thing this morning, as usual and thought I'd hit the wrong link, went back out, back in then saw your post......was just sitting, shaking my head and feeling like someone had stolen all my toys on the same day, when my eyes strayed to the top of your post and the big 1st April just winded me.....
It took me a good 5 minutes before I could even type my post, was laughing so hard.....
I've commented in several places on this, but basically it still comes back to something I've been saying since just after I got to the darkside (thanks Dave...)
YOU THE MAN :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

·
Super Moderator
7,401 Posts
A spectacular success Si, logged on first thing this morning, as usual and thought I'd hit the wrong link, went back out, back in then saw your post......was just sitting, shaking my head and feeling like someone had stolen all my toys on the same day, when my eyes strayed to the top of your post and the big 1st April just winded me.....
It took me a good 5 minutes before I could even type my post, was laughing so hard.....
I've commented in several places on this, but basically it still comes back to something I've been saying since just after I got to the darkside (thanks Dave...)
YOU THE MAN :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:
You are very welcome Gary............................. Dave.

oh and I agree with the above comment :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
ok, i,ll admit it, you had me fooled, big time:shock: i,m not a member on the other side, but a quick flick over there revealed nothing,do they know?? i guess i havent got enough priviliges to find out? well done si first time in over 20 years i got caught on april 1st:pmsl::pmsl::pmsl:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well 1st of all I check it out around 1o/c in the morning sipping on a glass of port doing some other stuff and at first I thought someone had hack RnS server….. watch by the way is an easy thing to do ok Si so be careful…….
And yes I was one of the first to see and fool for it too ….so fuck you Si, Yep you get 10/10 and I love it…
Wish I thought of it but no one believes what I say anymore…..don't know why…..

Any Si got you a litle gift Please try it out >>>>>>

Bob….:tup:
:D :D

I saw you were one of the first online. Thought you'd have twigged it straight away then you disappeared. I was grinning in the mods area when you posted :D

I wouldn't worry about the hacking Bob. We're well protected and been doing this stuff for years :tup:

I'm capable enough myself but I've (we've) got the benefit and security of my Bro as well who's knowledge & experience outshines mine tenfold :tup:

·
Registered
612 Posts
:D :D

I saw you were one of the first online. Thought you'd have twigged it straight away then you disappeared. I was grinning in the mods area when you posted :D

I wouldn't worry about the hacking Bob. We're well protected and been doing this stuff for years :tup:

I'm capable enough myself but I've (we've) got the benefit and security of my Bro as well who's knowledge & experience outshines mine tenfold :tup:
does that mean when my pc screws up next time, its best to ask him to fix it? lol, was best april fools prank in a good many years mate, better than the lirpa loof from Thats life

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.