Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Archive help 3, where, when & whos!

Tags
archive
5K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Flamed Cortina 
#1 ·
just gold hold of these slides, no idea where they were taken, i would like to know, im in essex & not many of the cars are familiar to me so the show may
have been some distance from here, the slides say 07/88 on them so i presume the show was a little while before that date...

heres some to start, any help appreciated......:smoke:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
WELL DONE NICK, THATS 100% IVE CHECKED SOME OF THE OTHER PICS & YOU ARE RIGHT ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU...

HERES A FEW MORE...:smoke:

Attachments

#5 ·
The yellow CF in the first set is Chris Moore's [sorry not being rebuilt I got it wrong], The CF in the second set was built by Dick Utting, Centor has been bought and sold a few times don't know where it is now, chopped mk2 i think was something to do with Chris Moore, [his brothers?] there is a photo of them both together somewhare else in this site...........

#7 ·
Dave,
Here are a couple o pics of "Centaur" taken outside our house about 2 Yrs. ago. An Aussie guy bought it from Fleabay to tour GB., but, he didn't realise the price of fuel. cost him a fortune, but he saved on hotel bills. He muttered something about taking it back to OZ. Don't know if he did.

Charlie!!

#11 · (Edited)
plz can I have a go ?

The yellow chopped , Mk2 `tina was paul baynton`s in sussex ,I went to bruntingthorpe in it ,`86 , he now 1320`s a class winning sbc capri . It had a s.b.f , ( It once had coppers stopping tim horsfalls "model T" in eastbourne cos a YELLOW hot rod was doing burnouts - very similar mk2`s and " T "s.......) paul also had " BOOTLEGGER "a black fraud classic ,blown rover V8 , jag rear , then he built a lime green `34 with the same blown rv8 .
The daimler powered `33 plymouth lived in seaford , cant remember his name tho , sos ,I went to motorvation show in brighton with him ,
Both cars bought , not built . wonder where they are ?
pix taken at hickstead me thinks ?

Behind the red model " A " roadster is a blue H.B. viva G.T. belonging to a guy called , er , GUY from uckfield , he had ( has ? ) 3 H.B viva G.T`s , all G.T blue paintwork ,1 stock ,1 with a Rover V8 fitted to the STANDARD H.B. gearbox and a crayford convertable ,V8 again .

The red pop behind the trike was , I THINK ! ,built by steve ottley from newhaven , with a datsun 180 lump

#13 ·
plz can i have a go ?

The yellow chopped , mk2 `tina was paul baynton`s in sussex ,i went to bruntingthorpe in it ,`86 , he now 1320`s a class winning sbc capri . It had a s.b.f , ( it once had coppers stopping tim horsfalls "model t" in eastbourne cos a yellow hot rod was doing burnouts - very similar mk2`s and " t "s.......) paul also had " bootlegger "a black fraud classic ,blown rover v8 , jag rear , then he built a lime green `34 with the same blown rv8 .
The daimler powered `33 plymouth lived in seaford , cant remember his name tho , sos ,i went to motorvation show in brighton with him ,
both cars bought , not built . Wonder where they are ?
Pix taken at hickstead me thinks ?

Behind the red model " a " roadster is a blue h.b. Viva g.t. Belonging to a guy called , er , guy from uckfield , he had ( has ? ) 3 h.b viva g.t`s , all g.t blue paintwork ,1 stock ,1 with a rover v8 fitted to the standard h.b. Gearbox and a crayford convertable ,v8 again .

The red pop behind the trike was , i think ! ,built by steve ottley from newhaven , with a datsun 180 lump
some excellent info there well done, its a shame there isnt some sort of hot rod channel on tv with its own mastermind show, im sure we could get some good teams together!!

Heres a few more from, hicksted 88, (yes it is hicksted by the way v8 gasser), cant really tell you anything about any of the rods though, over to you v8 gasser??!!, yrh & surely some of these people must be recognisable?

Attachments

#19 ·
The pink and white '57 Lincoln was featured in CC back in the mid '70s when owned by a guy named Mickey Illeka (or something like that) who ran the California Ballroom near Luton.
I crossed paths with it in the park at the Chelsea cruise in the late '70s. A mate and I staked it out until the owners appeared who then took us on a tour of London in it and then treated us to a meal at the Pizza on the Park at Hyde Park Corner ! We were only 16 or 17 at the time and found their generosity quite amazing. They the invited us to their home in Stockwell for subsequent cruise nights where we cleaned the car beforehand and stayed overnight afterwards. This couple were named Patrick Quigley and Angie Britton (where are you now ?) we lost touch eventually and I next saw the car at a AAC show at Billing many years later.
As an aside, Angie recorded a single under the name Carberetta and the labels each side featured front and rear shots of the Lincoln - still have a copy along with the lapel badge and CC article. Happy times !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.