Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any idea where & when these pics were took? they all look like they are from the same photo session, note the helter skelter thing behind jus booglin...the path next to the fiesta, the blue doors, strange buildings & tall straight trees.......

is it brighton??

photos courtesy of ian walker...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Hi, If it helps, the Minor was built by John Stearman of Long Stratton, Norfolk, later rebuilt by him into the pro street version shown here. As far as I remember the Bedford built by Steve Jest for John Unsworth of Norfolk and the Fiesta came from Suffolk.
Bob.

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, If it helps, the Minor was built by John Stearman of Long Stratton, Norfolk, later rebuilt by him into the pro street version shown here. As far as I remember the Bedford built by Steve Jest for John Unsworth of Norfolk and the Fiesta came from Suffolk.
Bob.
IT ALL ADDS TO THE HISTORY & PUTS A NAME TO THE PHOTO.....:smoke:

·
Super Moderator
7,401 Posts
Boy that takes me back................ MUST dig out my old photos an get them on here................

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
Bob.
The Fiesta was 'Digger's', aka Trevor Gardiner.

At a guess I'd date the pictures at about 1982 as I'm pretty sure by 83 the Fiesta was painted. Surprised there isn't a pic of Tom Newman's Corsair in that lot.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Any idea where & when these pics were took? they all look like they are from the same photo session, note the helter skelter thing behind jus booglin...the path next to the fiesta, the blue doors, strange buildings & tall straight trees.......

is it brighton??

photos courtesy of ian walker...
these look like they were taken at Orwell Valley Cruisers show held at Felixstowe years back (i was a OVC member years back! :bigsmile:)

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
these look like they were taken at Orwell Valley Cruisers show held at Felixstowe years back (i was a OVC member years back! :bigsmile:)
EXCELLENT, ARE WE GETTING SOMEWHERE, I LIKE IT WHEN A PLANS NEARLY COMING TOGETHER!!

HOW CONFIDENT ARE YOU?, IS THAT YOUR FINAL ANSWER?...

DOES THIS INFO JOG ANYONE ELSES MEMORIES....?:smoke:

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the fiesta was 'digger's', aka trevor gardiner.

At a guess i'd date the pictures at about 1982 as i'm pretty sure by 83 the fiesta was painted. Surprised there isn't a pic of tom newman's corsair in that lot.
ah yes i have photos of the fiesta painted, i think this was roughly june 82 at the chelmsford clubs secret street rodders ball, think the corsair was there as well, havent found my pics yet though of it...:smoke:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.