Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
ME AGAIN! HOPEFULLY A QUICKEE FOR SOMEONE, WHERE & WHEN WAS THIS SHOW?? ANYONE REMEMBER IT?

CARS ARE THE FRENCH CONNECTION MUSTANG & THE OH VERY 70S STARLYTE CAPRI, ITS GOT IT ALL!!!

I THINK FRENCH CONNECTION IS STILL ABOUT?, NOT SURE IF ITS THE ORIGIONAL OR A REPLICA THOUGH?, I WONDER WHAT BECAME OF STARLYTE?

THE LAST 3 PICTURES MAY OR MAY NOT BE FROM THE SAME SHOW, THE TR6 HAS A BIRMINGHAM WORLD OF WHEELS 82 STICKER IN THE WINDOW & THE OPUS T HAS A 31ST OF DECEMBER 82 TAXDISC, THATS THE ONLY CLUES I CAN COME UP WITH, BUT THAT RED WHEEL THING IN THE BACKGROUND OF THE FIRST 2 PICS MAY JOG A MEMORY......

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED.

PICS CAME FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE...:smoke:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The TR6 was a regular at Chelsea, think it was called Jaust Looking, not much help am I Dad?
at least its a response, lets ave some more, are you a son i dont know about!! :smoke:

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
The French Connection Mustang is restored back to it's former glory (by Ray Mumford) and was feaured in Classic American in May 2006.
The new owner at the time was Ian Budd.

·
Historian
1,564 Posts
yes that TR6 seemed to be everywhere in the late 70s early 80s it was run by Richard Fox and the murals were the work of Geoff Ridgway and Phil Bassett........love that yella Opus on the end, no idea who's it was, never seen it before, it's great seeing all these pics you're finding of cars that never made it in the mags and would have been forgotten about had they not got posted on here :tup:

·
Super Moderator
7,401 Posts
The French Connection Mustang is restored back to it's former glory (by Ray Mumford) and was feaured in Classic American in May 2006.
The new owner at the time was Ian Budd.
Nearly right Owned and restored by Ian Budd with help and advice from Mr Mumford............... Is that right George? Ian also has the Bullit mustang clone with the blessing of Ray........

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Starlyte capri was built across the street from me in Blyth Northumberland by John Chisholm. I had a small hand in helping fit the V8 but was quite young at the time so was probably more of a nuisance than a help. John's wife worked with my fiancee around 1986 and I'm almost certain he still had the car then. I left the north east in 1987 by which time the chisholms had left my street so I've no idea what became of the car.

·
Starlyte
176 Posts
John chisholm here, after many years of showing this car in various shapes and colours it was eventually sold in the 90,s and last year eventually scrapped - was sad to see the pics of it last year

·
Starlyte
176 Posts
You have a good memory did those shows a couple of times, still have the reg on my car now.
I'm looking for a copy of a video of the car moving, I never saw the chrome irs from behind or heard it go past with the exhaust cut-outs open.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
AHaaa here you are as well John, hunted for you for a year, now you're everywhere, welcome to R&S also. Gladly I can say that I followed that IRS a few times, I didn't say earlier but somewhere Ive got some vids of us all pulling out of Donny, dont know if you're on it but ill have a look when Ive chance to dig it out.

Russ.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi Its ian budd Here It is the original french connection , My part in its restoration is compleated
and now its in the hands of George Smith of the bedrord cf Invader Van , Night Gallery cf, And the pop Moondust fame
And My son ..... I am avin a damm good larf watching them sort out the balance of a seventys interior with a
modern touch , Its like watching lorel and hardy at times, the ole girl will be on the road at the end of may 2012

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi its ian budd here it is the original french connection , my part in its restoration is compleated
and now its in the hands of george smith of the bedrord cf invader van , night gallery cf, and the pop moondust fame
and my son ..... I am avin a damm good larf watching them sort out the balance of a seventys interior with a
modern touch , its like watching lorel and hardy at times, the ole girl will be on the road at the end of may 2012
excellent, cant wait, does george come on here?, would be nice to hear some of his stories on night gallery & invader etc, especially if he really can confirm what happened to invader??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.