Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello rodders, me again pleading for help, heres 5 pictures from the bob rothwell collection, i am fairly sure they are from the southern roadsters run to beaulieu in 1976, spose im just looking for confirmation really, bob had beaulieu wrote on the negative envelope & these are the only pics contained it could relate to, strange how bob only seemed to have taken these pics as theres none of the actual show....

whos the drink driver in that cf in the 1st 2 pics, & i dont think its coke either!:shake: in the 3rd pic we have john wilkinsons 32 tudor & im fairly sure thats the boston strangler T behind which was owned by terry richards, the brown pop in the next pic is a new one on me as is the mk2, but that is undeniably mike keys honky chateau tudor looking as if it is about to eat that marina!!, & just check the height difference between the 2 cars!

if you look at the 1st pic you can just see a t bucket behind the CF, complete with southern roadsters windshield sticker i might add!, reg no is PPX 512K, i can confirm that that this T, the CF, both tudors & the boston strangler were all at beaulieu 76, the only 2 i cant place there are the cortina & the pop, so as i said earlier i think its quite a cert that this is beulieu 76, but if anyone can confirm, (ie dioes anyone recognise that road!) i would appreciate it.

much of this info was gained from the excellent time travel site, cheers nick & of course we must all be eternally greatfull to mr Bob 'Rocky' Rothwell for these great pics.....:tup::smoke:

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
The Cortina belonged to a guy called I think Ian McDougall from Mottingham Sarf East London. He was a member of our car club back then North Kent Roadsters, we used to meet at the Falcon pub, Falconwood by the A2. If my memory serves me correctly the Cortina had a 2 litre V4 as motive power.

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Cortina belonged to a guy called I think Ian McDougall from Mottingham Sarf East London. He was a member of our car club back then North Kent Roadsters, we used to meet at the Falcon pub, Falconwood by the A2. If my memory serves me correctly the Cortina had a 2 litre V4 as motive power.
good someones paying attention!, cheers for that, thats more input!!:smoke:

·
Super Moderator
7,401 Posts
Racking my brain [whats left of it] for the name of the guy in the CF, think his name was Dave, last seen as a skie instructor in Switzerland.

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Racking my brain [whats left of it] for the name of the guy in the CF, think his name was Dave, last seen as a skie instructor in Switzerland.
was there a can in his hand:pmsl:

·
Super Moderator
7,401 Posts
Allways............. usually nooky broon................

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
I can't quite make out the number plate on the Pop (ORT 194?), no record on DVLA, but I do remember seeing a pop with ORT plate, Kent reg, possibly yellow, back in the 80's

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't quite make out the number plate on the Pop (ORT 194?), no record on DVLA, but I do remember seeing a pop with ORT plate, Kent reg, possibly yellow, back in the 80's
i cant quite sus it ron, it does look like ort 194 though?

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
I love photo 2, thr guy with the beer in the CF. It really captures the era, now he really is having fun.
Rog.

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i love photo 2, thr guy with the beer in the cf. It really captures the era, now he really is having fun.
Rog.
yes rog, i like that one, its a chopped & zoomed version of pic 1, i dare say theres a couple of bikini clad young ladeez laying on the bed in the back along for the ride.......:

anyway who would like to be the 1st to do a modern day risk assesment on that picture, i spotted 3 things & i hardly looked!!

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the last photo is at the bottom of Lyndhurst high street, just a few miles from beaulieu, so the location is correct.
BRILLIANT, THANKS FOR THAT, I THOUGHT IT WAS...:tup: :smoke:

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THE GUYS NAME IN THE CF IS DAVE AITKEN, SEE ATTATCHED FROM HOT CAR FEB 75...:smoke:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,401 Posts
Ah the 75 A.G.M.............. I'll have to get my photos out and try to get them on here...... Mike Kayson with a bucket on his head comes to mind...........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.