Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would you go to find musicians? In my day......how fucking do I sound.....it used to be loot or melody maker! After 22 years of playing in the same band I've decided its time for a new challenge. But alas, I've got no idea where to look anymore. Im too young to hang up my bass strings

·
Numpty
477 Posts
Don't do it matey, I'm a Bass player too so feel free to get in touch when you like.
Partysounds: Find Musicians Wanted/Available, UK Band Search, Music Teachers - Join a band today! was always a good place to look. It had a few issues recently but it's back up and running again now.

Join My Band - Musicians Wanted/Available, Find Band Members Online is pretty good too.
Here's a link to the suffolk pages
Suffolk - Musicians Wanted Ads at Join My Band

I've always had very good results with UK Musicians Wanted - Search Local England Musician Classifieds : BandMix.co.uk You can browse who's about for free but to contact people you have to pay a small monthly fee by credit card but you can cancel it anytime. It's a good site.
If there are any local music shops you can put a flyer up in there and you can check out any local jam nights too. If you get up and play a few times you'll probably get people asking you.
There's one thing for sure, 22 years experience counts for a lot so when you start putting yourself about you'll probably find your'e in high demand.
Keep at it bud and don't park that bass up yet, life's too short for that.
Good luck,
Pete.
ps, have a look on www.basschat.co.uk if you havn't done already.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Ooh, i have two double basses! But play VERY VERY badly! If it isn't EAB at Johnny Cash speed..Forget it! Anyone know a cheap tutor with patience of saint??!!x

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd quite happily teach ou how to play at 200mph. My record was 10 slaps per second.........sounds like a crab running acrross a tin roof! A really good thing to learn is how to play off beats (it fucks up drummers). if you're ever in sufolk or at a show then bring your bass :)
Thanks for the sites guys, i'll look at them later........somebody must want a major league show off

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Really? Bloody hell!! Now this i gotta see!! Major league show off or not! Do you have a facebook account? There's alot of networking on there. I'll ask for you if not. In return, teach me whatever you can!! Lol! How far's Suffolk??!!!!!! ;-]

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have got a facebook account......not keen on facebook though! I could make a video of how to play double bass and post it on youtube or facebook. I'd make it very simple and easy to follow. I'm an hour and a quarter from dartford.......bit far really

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I have got a facebook account......not keen on facebook though! I could make a video of how to play double bass and post it on youtube or facebook. I'd make it very simple and easy to follow. I'm an hour and a quarter from dartford.......bit far really
Very simple is perfect for me! Guess it's a bit far for an hour lesson so next best thing! Great stuff! Looking forward to it, thanks Russ. If you are ever on way thru, do pop by for a slap (as it were!)!!! Best wishes, Sarah.xx

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tanks for the info. Just placed a couple of free ads on both sites......may I slap for years to come
Russ

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Q Plates. We're not officially ending.........dont think it'll be long though.. Used to do the nationals when it was in chelmsford. '91 if my memory serves me well....the year the marquee blew down :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts