Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night was cruise night in Leeds. A good turn out as usual 100 plus cars, but by 9 pm everyone's gone home! WTF is happening? Remember when we were still at cruise nights at midnight. Is it just Leeds, or is it the same everywhere? You can understand it for people that have traveled a fair distance.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Too old and the missus moans too much

Only if your hen pecked! I stay out until I want to and get punched in the kidneys when I get home...

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
Something to do with people not wanting to leave cars unattended due to classic car insurance clauses?

·
Registered
350 Posts
That old 2 hours maximum has raised it's head again. Apparently it's the manager of B&Q who won't enter in to discussions now. Burger King were okay but now won't let you register a car either!

·
Stroker
5,488 Posts
"The circuits shrinking man! Used to take all night and a full tank of gas!"
Milner.

Tank of gas is £60 nowadays. :(

I quite liked the morning meet in Bristol. Park up for 2 hours, chinwag, go for cruise or home for dinner.

Do like a good evening cruise, as long as some keep cruising.
If the meet is in a retail park it kills it imo.

Talking of getting old, played 5 a side footie saturday.
Combined age of team was 250 :shock:
We still thrashed the youngsters, they only had one over 50.
Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery. :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont think its the 2hr thing this has been happening for a long time now, People arriving early may have started that by taking up parking spots for shoppers.Maybe a new venue could be the answer and get back to how it used to be, Leeds Cruise/park up is now in its 36th year over that time we,ve had everything thrown at us to stop it,I just find a bit sad that after all that its going the way it is. Kustom Jim maybe you should have gone to play in Brazil!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts