Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
flatting and polishing - nearly complete - boys from paint shop been around helpin out - cheers Paddy and John. Front arches to bolt up tonight. then interior to sort windows in wire everything back up and hit the road!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Thanks mate. All the fun bits now just fitting it all back together. All takes time tho don't it?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I saw it on your drive a few days ago, just a glimpse as we went by it looked good but couldn't stop as we was working .....

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
all painted - wet flatted polished re assembled and new interior in - have put some miles on it and am loving driving it again roll on summer some rod runs and plenty of miles. Hoping to get it on rolling road next month too in preparation for some action at shakey later in the year

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Thanks folks. Been racking up the miles and loving it, gonna fit a short length shifter rather than stupid long one that's in there, not sure why I thought that was a good thing to fit. may fit one of those cheap rose jointed quick shift shifters off ebay for the type 9 box. Anyone know what they like? Worth doing?

got change the diff this week for one that doesn't whine like fuck too. Then gonna get hold of chap at rolling road and get that motor dialled in properly. Can't wait for nostalgia nationals

·
Registered
797 Posts
I put a cheap quick shift on my type 9 and found the shift heavy with a short lever.I now have a lever length slightly greater than the original Ford,and the shift is perfect - easy and fast.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
iv got a stupidly long shifter in there at the minute that looks ok but is a royal pain in the arse for shifting quick

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Did you blow up the Zetec, or just get bored and feel the need for a V8?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Car just needed a tidy up and I scored a drop tube and always wanted a blown small block in it so thought easy way was new frame. It’s still on road with zetec at min although I have kinda lost interest in it as it is. Hoping to get the frame ready for the body this side of Christmas. Got a nice 350 here ready to put together for the blower.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts