Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what lengths do you go to to maintain your car/bike addiction??? What have you given up or cut down on to raise that extra bit of cash?

For me, like many others its a bloody struggle. I had to change my career after 20 years and start again. I've still got a years study left and until then i'm on agency for my work. I'm doing okay but its a crap hourly.

When Tiki Monkey came up for sale i literally had to sell everything around me to get it, including tools that i now need:mad: Although i planned to spend very little on the car and leave it as was, that plan went out the window. At a guess i reckon i have got about £1500 left to invest in the car, then there's a new trailer, race gear etc etc :shake:

Peanuts to some but at the rate i can save i'm looking at about 12 months to even get near. So in order to get where i want with the car certain sacrifices have had to be made. My lifestyle makes a students look like the hi-life now. All but given up the **** apart from the odd rolly, no beer in the week,no fancy coffees, no take aways of any type, no more car mags (apart from Ol Skool Rods) make my lunch and take a flask, don't go out much, etc etc etc.

Although at times i do think i must be barking mad to live this life at times there is always a positive to be found. For starters i'm getting closer to getting the car rolling again, i feel better for not smoking and lost weight due to no take aways and beer in the week. However if ever i really need some motivation i just go sit in my Altered, make loud revvy noises and smile away to myself like a fool:wacky:

So what have you/do you go through to keep your car/bike???

Dan8)

·
Sheep Shagger
858 Posts
I make my own food for work, and can make a fiver last a week just on bits and pieces. Don't go out drinking nowhere near as much as I used to, and am now selling one of my cars and sharing a lift to work with my wife. She drops me off and I have a fair walk in to work, but it's all excercise I'd never normally do.
I then get home on the train, but they only come around for tickets once or twice a week, so I reckon saving myself about £1,500.00 a year this way. It's a necessity at the moment if I want to run a car and a bike.

If I sold them all I could have a nice new BMW......................Not !!

·
Registered
863 Posts
At what lengths? hmm, ive stayed/staying single until my cars are built :lol: I rarely go out and spend cash on stuff that isnt car related...I walk to college everyday, as that tenner at the end of the week may come in handy for the car. I love the a40, and ill love it even more when im driving it up the strip :D its worth every penny!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
selling my daily amazon,sold my bikes,dont go out drinking, i'am in the process of giving up smoking:mad:, & will be using the pushbike for work.
also selling my discovery & my vintage toy collection to pay off some credit card debt.
so in the long run i'm gonna be a bit fitter but more grumpy, unless i'm driving my pontiac:D
all because my new job pays 8k a year less than my last one,but when theres very little skilled work available you take what you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.