Started on the floor over the weekend. I'll add a tophat section across this from the A post to stiffen it a bit more and help brace the shell. First go with the bead roller. Should have rolled it first before folding as the fold restricted where I could roll.
It'll all get seam welded when I've got all the bits right- I'll put the doors on and make sure the shell is squared up as well.
Lower section of the firewall will get replaced as well- there are so many holes it's just simpler than welding them up.
My guess is it'll take me a few weekends to get all that done.
Thanks Blackpop, I'm always looking at the updates on your build, I'm just rubish at commenting. Inspiring to see how doing something right and finishing all the little jobs makes such a difference to the end product. I've got it easy as I'm not planning to touch the body- other than for essential biva changes.
Morning, had a week off so limited progress. Managed to get going again on the floor. Took a bit of thinking as to how to aproach the floor over the seat rails. Got some direction now so the worst is over. Replaced the lower bulkhead as it was simpler than filling in all the holes in the original.
A forum community dedicated to UK Hot Rod & Street Rod owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Hot Rods, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!