Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there looking for an auto electrical supplier ,I have had problems with hot start issues so I've decided to upgrade the cable from the battery in the boot to the front using a 25 mm cable problem is I can only find junction boxes that handle upto 25 mm cable but I need to double stack the cable in the box so too small ,looking for possibly a commercial one any ideas cheers john 07710987277

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
I don't understand the 'double stack' part. What does that mean? I would just run the 25mm cable from the battery to the big starter terminal and from there to the alternator terminal. Should be job done. I would also run another to ground the engine straight from the neg terminal of the battery as well.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Why do you need to run more cabling?, hot start issues are probably not down to the cable, unless you have used the wrong type or cheap cable, I have used very fine cored cable on all of my builds and never once had a problem, Mostly I use old HD welding earth cable. the more finer cores you use the lower the cable resistance, good quality battery cable is probably about 100core,

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
If it's of any use to you I hve some waterproof boxes in plastic, about 3" x 3" x 2". I also don't understand the double stack bit. I am thinking you want to run two cables, so why not just clamp them with some brass strips, or put big ring terminals on them and bolt together?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts