Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yep, I've got one.

Works OK for the bits I do, but it would not really be up to being used all day, as it is the economy end of the market.

The darkness is adjustable and suits both MIG and arc.

Occasionally it is slow, but it does the job.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
can't get on with mine, I find I'm better with my old welding hood which has a green filter on it. The auto darkening seems too sensitive, mine darkens just by looking at a light bulb, but one tint is too dark to see where I'm going with the bead.

·
Registered
437 Posts
local chap i use has got some "parweld" auto tint ones 9-13 shade . he will do a deal with . buy 4 or more for £35.50 each !!!!. i can collect um and post on at cost if anyone is interested . he will also deal on anything to do with welding supplies and cash still talkes to him !!

·
Registered
261 Posts
thats the best advise that you will ge, cheap lenses tend to be slower than the more expensive, that arc damage accumulates and causes long term damage if the mask is used often enough, I have a speedglas 9100

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_EU/Speedglas/Home/
i used to own a speedglass but threw it in the bin.
to be honest i don't like reaction screens at all, the apprentices use them and the one i said above comes with adjustable reaction timing and also 9-13 shade (for tig i would suggest about 11-13.).
i just use a standard screen and nod my head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts