Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Huge Member!
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up today after long night shift of messin about an basicly ballsing up South Easterns finest trains they have to offer! (God they are shit).
So puts the telly on to try an wake up an watched this weeks Overhaulin! where they make an old 54 Ford more door into 2 door roadster! all very clever an lots of hugs an high fives an the presenter Chris "somethingorother" biggin up Chip Foose every 2 minutes!
Anyway afterwards sitting in the W.C gettin rid of last nights pizza i realized the old Ford reminded me of a 55 chevy i only remember seein once at Knebworth (still miss that venue) It came in on the back of a low loader i think it was a more door with the rear 2 fire exits welded up an the roof cut off ala roadster. It also had a deck lid over the rear seats with T Bird/speadster style head rests built in an i think it was a maroon/red colour (could have been 2 tone) with modern big 5 spoke alloys possibly?
Anyone remember it better still have any piccies? or was it all a horrible dream an then Bobby Euwin steps out the shower!?!?:smoke:

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
I remember the car and I was told not too long ago that it was built using Merv Barnett's orange 55 two door post as a base. When Merv built the sedan it was bight orange with silver painted bumpers and all the stainless trim was brushed. A later owner changed it by painting the roof and rear quarters white. It was a very nice car. I couldn't believe it when I was told it thad been cut into that 'speedster'.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Anybody remember that 57 that had been turned into a el-camino style truck using a black cab rear roof section, it sounds bad but if I remember rightly it was a real nice job , anyone got any pics ?

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
I remember that car well.

Two tone Maroon and silver with, I think, Camaro IROC wheels.

Think the car on Overhaulin was quite good though. My son did ask the question though about how many weeks after the show did they have to put right all the little bugs....

P.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts