Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1952 Ford F1 truck with serious patina. Has a 5 speed manual gearbox mated to a Nissan Patrol 3.3 litre diesel. 9" Ford rear end, completely rebuilt. The Nissan is probably 25 or so years old but is bullet proof. Smokes a bit if you don't use it, but it is an old diesel. MPG is good. You could put a V8 back in if you wanted, it had a big block in it before and the rear end handled it no problem.

Mustang II front end, installed a few years ago, disc brakes up front, drums on rear. This thing stops on a T. Airbagged on the front, with airshocks on the rear. One compressor and tank installed under the bed at the back. The truck lays right on the floor and comes back up to ride height fast. Ride quality is very good. 12 volt, majority rewired.

Could probably do with another silencer box to make it a bit quieter but it's ok. Truck is good for a daily driver, very useful with the bed in the back as well. A bit of vibration in 5th on low revs.

New wheels, very recent Firestone wide white cross ply tyres, ford caps and beauty rings. Five tooth grille at the front, new headlamp bezels, indicator surrounds, and rear lights. The interior has the original folding bench seat which has been dipped, painted and then reupholstered and recovered in 2 tone leather. Pockets on the back. The seat does move forward too. Headliner is home made rattan. Dash is taken back to bare metal and clear coated. New steering wheel, air horn. Gauges reconditioned and really nice, extra set of moon gauges too. Speedo doesn't work, cable not connected. It won't fit the gearbox. Fuel gauge does work!! Interior light - Becks bottle on cab roof. 2 stage intermittent wipers, brand new from Pacific Western Design, specifically for the truck. Working air scoop on the cowl for instant cold air in the summer!!! Radiator was completely rebuild a couple of years ago. Probably missed quite a bit. Only holes in the metal work are on one running board and they are not big. Very solid truck.

My wife has owned the truck for over 12 years having imported it from California, but she needs a panel van or wagon now for her business, and she fancies a change, so time to put the old girl up for sale (the truck, not the wife). It's an excellent truck, turns heads all the time and would make a great daily driver, or truck for chucking a bike in the back etc...

Free tax, tax exempt. MOT expires July 21st, should sail through again. Rear shocks are fully adjustable depending on the ride you need. All air equipment from Air Ride Technologies - only the best. Rear air shocks are upgrades and are 6 months old. Rest of the system is 3 years old. Wood on bed is oak. New clutch slave cylinder recently.

Very rare truck, especially with the huge amount of work and money that has gone into it. I have lots of underside photos, contact me if you want to see them.

Viewings by appointment only. Truck is in Coventry, in the Midlands. No warranties - bought as seen. I have lots of photos, get in touch with your email address and I will send them to you, including of the underside. Price is £11,500 ovno. Cheers, Rob 07956 079237.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers, it is priced for a quick sale. There is however no rush. We will both be sad to see it go but she's had it a long time and needs something more practical for her cake business, hence she's looking for a nice panel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem Steven.

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Sold

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Truck now SOLD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts