Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been watching this gradually return to mother earth over the last few years , have stopped by loadsa times , left notes , but no reply`s , house now for sale so am trying to persuade estate agents that I can save them money by taking whats left away ! last taxed 1991 , rumour has it that it had or has a chevy V8 but......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Dude that looks dead -unless your madly in love with it ,Bry

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
I am going to go with Bry on this one, last used in '91, it's a Vauxhall of a fairly old age, unless you really love it, leave it to get lower by itself...!!!

·
richard rawlplug
8,114 Posts
may be worth getting it for the trim,glass etc.some one may want spares?

bin the rest as it looks rather dead.

·
lone wolf
366 Posts
PB Cresta spares are getting hard to come by so its worth grabbing and stripping but the shell is shot by the look of it

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
Looks similar to the "Easy repair for MOT" FB Victor I nearly bought once. You can bet that the bits you can't see are worse than what's visible. Still, at least glass doesn't rust. Good luck. The roof panel looks usable too.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah , was thinking some glass , trim ,interior might be savable for someone , its got wolfies on it but I aint fit enough to look underneath to see its its stock or V8 ! no clues inside ....

·
Wild Willie Fadster
1,719 Posts
Looks maginally fubar. Leave it and move along, too many decent projects to waste your money on out there.:shake:

·
Freak!
458 Posts
I've driven worse!

Strip it for trim parts/glass and stick it on ebay for the banger boys to bid on,several 'mouldy old dough' race meetings coming up. :tup:

·
Never confused
1,323 Posts
That is one crusty old Cresta.
You can open the bonnet without needing to open the door you know.:tup:
Squat down & look under the front peak of the bonnet.
You will see a small hole, insert a screwdriver ( or a non chubby finger ),
Push sideways & open sesamee.
Easyest way to see if its got a V8 or not.:tup:

Failing that........If you get the Reg No & a better pic.....
I betcha Steve Porter ( of green Pro Street PB fame ) will know it.
He knows aaaaaaalllllllllll the PB's.
;)

·
Registered
977 Posts
looks like an old school bus peeping over the fence..and maybe a moggy next to it??...go on..stick ya head over and have a look..you know you wanna;-) lol..

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
That is one crusty old Cresta.
You can open the bonnet without needing to open the door you know.:tup:
Squat down & look under the front peak of the bonnet.
You will see a small hole, insert a screwdriver ( or a non chubby finger ),
Push sideways & open sesamee.
Easyest way to see if its got a V8 or not.:tup:
Quite so. Although you might want to take some WD40 with you if it's been sat there for 20 years.

You'd certainly get a few quid for parts if you broke it and advertised on the Cresta club site. Welcome To The Vauxhall Cresta Club

In fact, I'd have the bit of flexible hose that runs from the heater to the passenger side windscreen demister....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts