Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only the Spitfire arrived. Was told there was problems with both the Hurricane and the Lancaster, the latter being flown over from France. Was told the Lanc was half way here and had to turn around and make an emergency landing in a field in France.
Hope all is well, nothing about it on the news. Anyone heard anything ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Perhaps you should go to Dragstalgia, you might see something!

B17 Flypast
Based at Duxford airfield and operated by the B17 Preservation, “Sally B” is the last remaining flying fortress in Europe and we’re pleased to announce that 70 years after B17’s were being flown out of Podington on a regular basis, Sally B is coming to Podington Airfield for a flypast. Planned for Sunday lunchtime, this is set to be a real historic, once in a lifetime moment – do not miss it.

A Spitfire from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight will also be making a fly past on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
not heard it come home , only one spit came back as far as i know . it will be fine i'm sure , its got to be as the canadian lanc coming over in august ! one is impressive .. but two flying together .... i can't wait :D

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Booked my tickets for August, cannot emphasise how excited I am! Fingers crossed everything falls into place to enable it to happen!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts