Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what thread a BBF bell housing bolt is?

Need to buy some long ones so that I can mount it on the stand

7/16 UNF?

Cheers

Jeff

·
Registered
769 Posts
bbf.

hi foz buddy, the bellhousing bolts are u.n.c. thread, i heard your using a chev s**t gearbox if it where me i would use a ford c6 (near indestructable) auto box, or if your going racing only use a 2 speed glide box with an adapter cheer,s m8 jonny:tup::tup::tup: :tup:

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yes, TH 400, It was cheap and it's the stronger one too. Why you got a spare?

Cool, I'll get some in tomorrow than I can get a move on with the wash and brush up part on the block

:)

·
Registered
769 Posts
bbf.

hi jeff, i might know someone who,s got a c6, did you know that a cleveland 400m has the same bellhousing hole spacing the same as 429/460 they class the 351 clevey a small block 90 degree & the 400m as a big block 90 degree, just in case your looking for a c6 box ( a 400m box is same as 429/460 big block ) cheer,s m8 jonny :tup: :tup:

·
Registered
769 Posts
bbf.

hi jeff, i might know someone who,s got a c6, did you know that a cleveland 400m has the same bellhousing hole spacing the same as 429/460 they class the 351 clevey a small block 90 degree & the 400m as a big block 90 degree, just in case your looking for a c6 box ( a 400m box is same as 429/460 big block ) cheer,s m8 jonny :tup: :tup:

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found that the bolts are Massey Ferguson items, cheapest I could find and virtually any legnth, 50p each, can't be baed

:D

·
Registered
769 Posts
hey jeff, u got yourself a tractor m8, what next? maybe a combine harvester, hey jeff a think our m8 gotzy took a dislike to the boat anchor joke about his c***y, yer tractor might hey an engine for him. all the best guy,s cheer,s jonny :tup: :grr: :sniff: :pmsl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts