Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Victory Wheelers are pleased to announce the dates for the
Southcoast Internationals, 19-21 June 2009

This event is to be held in the grounds of The National Motor Museum at Beaulieu.
and will incorporate, on sunday, the Hot Rod and Custom Drive In Day.

Entry fee includes camping for the weekend.
Live band and Dj on Saturday night in the Surf City Diner (Indoor Restaurant)
Friday night is arrivals and your own entertainment.
Full access to the Museum, Abbey, House and grounds for the weekend.
Cruise outs on the Saturday.
Sunday Hot Rod and Drive in Day (Sunday cars can arrive for the day, pre entry is cheaper)
Live music on the Sunday and trophies etc.
Trade stands.

The show is for Hot Rod, Customs and Classic American cars, chopped an bobbed bikes.
The sunday show and shine in the main arena will be focused on these.
We hope you can join us, for a great show in this fabulous location.

For more info and entry forms please visit www.victorywheelers.co.uk

Show now featured in Hemmings Magazine
http://www.hemmings.com/newsletter/...issue=46&id=2208&refer=news&emlid=195923#2208

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just a quick question. We want to camp and we will be in a '49 Anglia and a camper.
Will this be the £30 or if they don't come under the classification as custom/hot rod/ american is it more expensive? Or is that just for day entrants on the sunday?

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

witchywoo
If you are coming for the weekend the prices are as advertised on the booking form (dowload from www.victorywheelers.co.uk )
A form is required for each vehicle so that Beaulieu know what is on site over the weekend.

The cost is only more expensive if you come on the Sunday in a daily car.
If you arrive Sunday in a rod / custom / american etc then you will get the discounted entry fee (cheaper if booked in advance) and be able to bring the car onto the showfield. Obviously daily drivers park outside in the carpark, and as a visitor you will have to enter through the main gates at the normal admission price.

Doug

Hopefully the above will help.
If you download the forms off the website all prices are shown.
Sunday is more expensive if you turn up without prebooking, but still cheaper than the normal admission if you are in a rod/custom/american.

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A quick update to everyone who has entered already, Beaulieu have advised the entry packs with passes etc will be sent out to everyone approx two weeks before the show.

Dont worry if it hasn't arrived yet, entries and being processed now.

Dan

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi

witchywoo
If you are coming for the weekend the prices are as advertised on the booking form (dowload from www.victorywheelers.co.uk )
A form is required for each vehicle so that Beaulieu know what is on site over the weekend.

The cost is only more expensive if you come on the Sunday in a daily car.
If you arrive Sunday in a rod / custom / american etc then you will get the discounted entry fee (cheaper if booked in advance) and be able to bring the car onto the showfield. Obviously daily drivers park outside in the carpark, and as a visitor you will have to enter through the main gates at the normal admission price.

Doug

Hopefully the above will help.
If you download the forms off the website all prices are shown.
Sunday is more expensive if you turn up without prebooking, but still cheaper than the normal admission if you are in a rod/custom/american.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We'll get booking then! :D

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Top Gear Cars on display.

We have just been advised that the cars from Top Gears "challenges" will be on display from 19 June. the details are:

Amphibious Cars
James' Mayflower, Richard's Dampervan and Jeremy's Toyboata can all be seen back out of the water.

Double-deckers
These double-decker cars were seen taking on a team of Germans. The car on the bottom has a throttle, breaks and gears but no steering wheel as that's fitted to the car on the top. Team UK's hybrid is a Jag XJ and Metro, Team Germany's hybrid is a Mercedes E Class and Golf.

Stretch Limos
The boys were set the task of making stretch limos to take to the Brit Awards. Jeremy chose a Fiat Panda, Hammond a MGF Roadster and May went for an Alfa Romeo and Saab 9000 hybrid. Come to marvel at the curious results!

Reliant Rocket
Hammond and May thought they could make a car fly. The Reliant Rocket was seen blasting off into the sky and crashing back down again. Luckily they'd made a spare which stands tall and proud for all to see.

Homemade Police Cars
With a mere budget of £1500 the boys created their idea of the perfect police cars and took them through a number of tests including clearing the streets of a pile up and taking on the stig in a police chase.

Austin Princess
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of British Leyland, the team bought their idea of the best car British Leyland made. James bought this Austin Princess 1978 and after taking it through a number of tests including being filled with water and driven round a track, it still survives.

Cheap Alfas Challenges
The team bought an Alfa Romeo each for under £1000 to prove they are proper petrol heads cars. Going through a number of challenges didn't dampen their spirits and the cars still live on and Mays GTV will be on display.

BMW 3 Series
Hammond, May, Clarkson and the Stig all drove this BMW in a 24 hour endurance race. After an accident with Hammond behind the wheel the car went through repairs and the team finished in 39th place.

Mercedes SL- Anne Hathaway's Cottage
Jeremy took on the challenge of design and came up with this 'beautiful' cottage interior. Features include a log burner, wooden floors, lead windows and a lampshade which unsurprisingly did affect the driving capability just a bit.

Just a little but extra to see at the Victory Wheelers show.
Lucky you are coming for the whole weekend......

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Mark.

Look out for the next issue of Custom Car as it will have a show guide printed inside, with details of events planned and maps of Beaulieu and the grounds.

We are looking forward to a great weekend, so bring along your beach gear for the Saturday Night party!

See you soon
Dan

·
scavengers cc
2,897 Posts
Thanks Mark.

Look out for the next issue of Custom Car as it will have a show guide printed inside, with details of events planned and maps of Beaulieu and the grounds.

We are looking forward to a great weekend, so bring along your beach gear for the Saturday Night party!

See you soon
Dan
what my SWIMMING THONG.....ok then LMFAO!...........mark

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not long now, so please get the pre-entries sent in to ensure you get the discounted entry rates!

Two bars will be open Friday and Saturday night, BBQ both nights available just outside the entertainment area.

See you soon
Dan

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
wish this wasnt the same weekend as the rockabilly rave:(
the old thorney island dos were always a highlight of the year for me,
good luck with it.

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi

Victory Wheelers have been receiving lots of calls and messages this weekend asking if tickets can still be pre-booked for the weekend.
The answer is "YES".

Please call Beaulieu Events Team on 01590 612345 to book your tickets, and they will send them out asap.

Thanks for all your support, we look forward to seeing you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not long to go now! :D
Does anyone know what time the gate closes on friday?
I'm prdicting drama driving anti clockwise round the m25 on a friday evening! :eek:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'm prdicting drama driving anti clockwise round the m25 on a friday evening! :eek:
It says 9.30pm on the pre entry paperwork they sent.

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's 9.30, but if you give me a call when you reach the gate (number is on the gate) if i'm still sober I'll come over and open up.

PLEASE NOTE. if your phone is on Orange network, dont call, shout! :D
The orange network doest seem to have any coverage in the grounds. Vodafone is fine. not sure about other networks.

cheers
Dan

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's 9.30, but if you give me a call when you reach the gate (number is on the gate) if i'm still sober I'll come over and open up.

PLEASE NOTE. if your phone is on Orange network, dont call, shout! :D
The orange network doest seem to have any coverage in the grounds. Vodafone is fine. not sure about other networks.

cheers
Dan
lol.
I'm at my folks at the moment up north so didn't have the paperwork on me.
I'm not sure what time is best to hit the m25 anticlockwise past heathrow. I doubt we'll be ready before 3, so maybe after 7 will be better.
I have o2 and t mobile so hopefully one of those will work. You'll probably hear me coming anyway. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts