Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone want to buy my 1964 bedford ca van (see photos below)?

I bought it last august to try to combine classic cars and family holidays but unfortunatly i was made redundant 2 weeks after i bought it, and with the money, sadly the enthusiasm has dissapeared too.
It has 12 months tax (tax exempt), and i put it in for an mot on fri 7th may 2010, It failed but only on the following points-

1. shock absorber bushes worn (all 4).
2. both front anti roll bar bushes worn.
3. centre steering drag link end ball joint has excessive play.
4. brakes need balancing (was told it could be tyre pressures).
Also the propshaft u/j is worn as it vibrates when driving, which i thought was clutch judder, so its a lot cheaper and easier to sort out!

I have done some bodywork to it, this includes plating, prepping and priming the 2x rusty A pillars, scuttle, front wings. The front panel has been shot blasted, welded up and primed but not filled, and new plastic headlight bowls fitted, The n/s/r quarter panel was started, the new arch panel made up, but needs welding and filling to complete, the o/s/r quarter hasnt been started but is in good condition.
The body looks scruffy cos of the multi coloured paint (green n white, grey primer roof and front end and yellow primer side).

The chassis is VERY SOLID.

The engine is the later fb victor 1595cc one and it has the 4 speed box, it starts first time and ticks over sweatly. It also has a stainless steel exhaust system.

The interior is complete except for the cab headlining which was no good when i bought it, as someone had removed the original roof rack, leaving the hole in the roof, which ive now welded the rest just needs cleaning up except the seats which could do with being re covered or replaced, it has a lift up roof that hides the 2 fold out bunk beds, a sink, a cooker and 2 cupboards, also the 4 seats fold down to form 2 single beds or 1 double bed.

Any inspecion is welcome and i will take you around the van to show you what i can see needs doing, it would make an ideal retro camper to take to the various rod or classic car shows.

I am looking for offers around a thousand pounds (which is actually less than i paid) or I may consider doing a deal for a four berth caravan in good condition. If you are interested please give me a call on 07849179710. The van is in pelsall, about 3 miles from walsall in the west midlands. Feel free to come and look at the van without obligation.
cheers. paul.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Re: 1964 Bedford ca camper For sale

Dont let the scruffy appearance put you off, it is very solid!!!

Go on, get it mot'd, resprayed, contrasting steelies with whitewalls, Add some good old 'hotrod' signwriting and enjoy yourselves around the various rod shows.

(picture by kustom kookie)

You know you want to...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Re: 1964 Bedford ca camper For sale

Cute wagon. It is what I call a Piggy Van 'cos it looks like a piggy!!! Reminds me of my childhood and camping. I hope you find her a good home.:)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

These are the two bunk beds that pull out from the roof of the van and then fold back neatly out of view when not in use.
Also the 4 seats in the van, fold back flat to make either 2x single beds, or push together to form 1x double bed. As well as that the 2x front seats turn right around to face the seats behind them (very well thought out considering the age of the van!!!)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

This is what i mean by scruffy, i do still have all the original ally side trim and so it will go with the van. Personally i wouldnt fit it back on as i prefere the look of the van without.
The rear doors are the worst part of the bodywork, being full of filler but they do turn up occasionally on ebay or if your good you could plate them up as they are flat and so therefore relatively easy to make repair panels.

So, there you have it, if your interested in this old 'un please get in touch on 07849179710.

cheers. paul

·
Down but not out
3,024 Posts
love it my parents had exactly the same...pale yellow with green stripes wish i had the funds...good luck with the sale:tup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got one of these. are the gas bottle "tubes" underneath the floor ok? I'd like to come and have a look this week if poss. Thanks

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've got one of these. are the gas bottle "tubes" underneath the floor ok? I'd like to come and have a look this week if poss. Thanks
The gas bottle tubes are there mate but i have no gas, also there is a tap fitted to the gas hose from the cooker so you can turn the gas off.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
this is still for sale, im gonna try and flat all the green back and get the rest in primer soon to make it more presentable and to get it closer to the paintjob that it needs, if your interested phone me on 07849179710.
cheers. paul.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AFTER A BIT OF THINKING, IVE DECIDED NOT TO SELL THIS.
INSTEAD WEVE DECIDED TO SELL OUR EVERYDAY RUNNER VOLVO 940 ESTATE, GO WITHOUT A CAR FOR A BIT, GET FIT BY DOING THE WALKING THING AND TRY AND SORT OUT THE BEDFORD ON THE TIGHT BUDGET THAT WE HAVE.
WISH ME LUCK.:shake:

ANYONE WANT A 1993 VOLVO 940 ESTATE IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS TIME???:tup:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ive just changed my mind really, i do like this van and i was only selling as i hadnt got the spare cash, but were getting rid of our car so im giving it another go, not quite sure when it'll be done though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.